Did you know Felix Dahl?

Felix came to Goa in octobre and stayed in Agonda area. He was found dead on 28.01 in Patnem. Is anybody out there who knows what happen to him or knew him personally? Felix was 22y. old finnish/swedish with a dark hair,very talkative and friendly towards everyone. Any information would be appreciated by his heartbroken mother in Finland. Thank you.

Hi sancut,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to please drop an advert in the Missing people in Goa section as it might :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

But he is not missing,but dead. Only thing missing is the information. The blog has been read quite many times.Do you think missing people would be better place for it?

Hi Sancut,

Lack of attention... I'm truly sorry about my previous post and please accept my sincere apology  :(

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi sancut,

I had heard about a young man who died around that time you're mentioning...

I had heard (if I remember correctly) that some guy had gone to the sea in night & he was found dead... They were speculating that either he didn't know the sea at that perticular spot & the sea wasn't safe (& nobody to point it out to him - it being night time), or he was intoxicated & couldn't handle the sea & the waves overtook him & banged him against rocks....

That's what I had heard. Since I am planning to start some business in area near Agonda, so I was concerned as to whether this was an accident or something to do with crime... A businessman does not want to go where there is crime...

But I came to know that Police are thoroughly investigating the circumstances & people who he used to meet & there does'nt seem to be any foul play... & that it seems like an unfortunate accident...

That area is not a crime-prone area & neither known for drug-tourism... It's infact the cleaner part of Goa (south goa).

The best would be for his mother to be in touch with her country's embassy in New Delhi (language/accent problem solved) & ask the person concerned in Embassy to persue about the progress of investigation with Goa police.

That's the job of embassy (to take care of their citizens & the investigation monitoring of crimes against their citizens) & it is Goa Police's duty to co-operate, inform & update the embassy of their investigation reports... (& both of them I'm sure will extend their respective cooperation)

Further, in India people are not given to answering such questions about crimes with a view that - " if I say something, then police will come after me asking as to how you know such n such thing...& maybe try to make you a witness in court etc etc" & no one wants to get involved with police or courts....

I replied here because the mother deserves her answers.. Also advisable to go visit the area yourself & talk to local people, investigating officer (after the embassy official asks the officer to extend cooperation) & any tourists still there who were friendly with him...

Also I think this kind of website is not a proper forum to find people who knew him, instead also put your query in a site that has "tourists" in it (this is for expats- which is slightly different from tourists) & please do that soon because Goa tourist season is about to end (you have about a month)

Hope it helped.

Regards.

-Warm Friend-

Apologies for the late reply - I've only just noticed the thread.
I found this (I know you're already aware of it). The information may stimulate a few people's memories.

http://forum.virtualtourist.com/miscell … -DAHL.html

There's a lot of speculation on that, but it may help posters here with a bit of background.
Good luck.

The embassy-Investigation officer persueing is best advised in these circumstances (as India works..)

Thank you for your very long mail "Warm friend". If you are yourself Indian Im sure you know how India works….or doesn't work. I have heard all about your excellent Police force and the "accidents that all the tourist have been having who have been found dead (and there are many missing cases as well) and  about the"paid news in media". And by the way" Warm Friend"to whom do you work for ? To the Ministry of Tourism or the Goan government? Promoting and helping to keep things looking good on the surface. You will have less and less tourists coming  every time when a tourist is found dead and no one EVER is found guilty or prosecuted. As I told Mr Ameya Abhyankar the Director of Tourism that every death tourist leaves grieving relatives behind and all of them have computers and know how to use them. And as you know yourself that the net is open for everyone. From now on I am dedicating my life for promoting awareness for dangers in Goa for the tourist.

So my advise is not to go to Goa as long as they have the system where tourists don't have any rights when things go wrong and where the Police are the most feared,even by the locals.

Thank you,

Sanna

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city … 797939.cms