Work for TESOL qualifed but no teaching degree

hi

we are looking for work for my husband who has completed a TESOL course but does not have a university degree. What is out there??? We have also been told as we have young children we may struggle to find work, is this true?

Also, I have a Diploma and would like to seek work as well.

We are hoping to get work in Da Nang or Hanoi if possible.

Cheers
Tina and Mat

Some schools will let you work without a degree.  If you have one it doesn't have to be in teaching.  Mine's in mathematics.  Problem is, you may get paid less. 

The schools are desperate for native speakers, there are five potential jobs for every certified teacher.  I know of a school in Bac Lieu just hired an Iranian without any of the qualifying papers, and his English isn't even that good.

All the jobs I have seen advertised you have to send copies of your university degree so how does someone without one get a job? Are we better off coming over and then trying to find work?

Also, just read something today that Police are cracking down on schools using people on tourist visas and not working visas and I have also been told that you can't get a working permit without having a university degree! So getting a bit frustrated by all the information :-( (not with you sorry!).

Anyway, what do you know about working visas/permits? and how can we apply for teaching jobs?

cheers
tina and mat

Well a crackdown would just mean that the schools breaking the law have to do their part better.

I think the degree requirements can be waived with good work history.  As for contradictory information, that's the rule here, not the exception.

Best o' luck.