Cost of Living and Tax

Hi,
I was looking for people living or visited Barcelona,  I might get an opportunity to go on work there, can you please help me get an idea on cost of living, Salary to ask. how much tax we need pay
Hope you would not mind me asking, I will be the first person to go from my family and do not have idea so looking out for help.

Thanks in advance,
Pavan

To work for any company in Spain or as self-employed you will need to register with the Hacienda (tax office) - Many people come to Spain and work 'Cash In Hand' without declaring their income however most employers are at risk of prosecution if they do not make reasonable steps to ensure there employees are registered.

If you are employed - you can earn just less than 6K Euros per annum before paying tax and as a resident will be eligible for other allowances for children.  If you are self employed and register for Autonomo - typically costs around 240 Euros per month but gives you access to healthcare and contributions towards state pension (similar to National insurance in the UK).

Each autonomous region such as Barcelona have local rules - if you need assistance on arrival, let me know, I can put you in touch with a colleague working in our Barcelona office.