Introduce myself

Hello every one I am an Indian living in the Maldives since april this year.
I work for a company as a financial controller and have been a little fazed by the culture here. I am yet to make a few friends and as of now it is terribly boring and depressing being alone.

I would really like to make a couple of friends.
So I hope someone out there is looking for friend
I love rock music, philately and am a voracious reader

hope to get replies soon

Akash

Hello Akash and welcome to Expat.com :)
I'll move your topic to Maldive's forum and hope you'll get some nice contacts there!
Good luck
Arlette

hi akash,

still looking for friends? hope you have settled in well and got used to the maldivian way of life.

cheers
mooch

Hello everybody.I am from Ukraine ,I am  new in Maldives since 13 September 2011.Could be nice to have some friends for exchange information.That is my first experience in Asia.
Elena

Hi Elena and Akash!

Welcome to the Malldives and Expat-Blog. Please consider me as one of your friends.

Have a nice and enjoyable stay!:)

Derick   a.k.a Wowpinoy!

Hi Elena,

welcome to maldives, if you would like to catch up for a coffee or anything just send me a buzz.

cheers
mooch

Hi guys!

Been living here for almost a year now and if you wanna meet up, just drop me a line.

Cheers!

hi Kali,

yes i think we shud all meet up for a coffee?

cheers
mooch

Hey Mooch!

Sure. Let's see how many we can gather to join our Expat-blog get together. :) Btw, when are you free?

Cheers!

Hey Kali,

i am working at velassaru, which is about 30mins by boat. can join almost anynight.

cheers
mooch

Hello all,
I am new join the Blog,I am living in Male,would like to meet some Expatriate for a coffee and exchange information,very lonely here.
I am free today and tomorrow.
Helena

Hi Helena,

lets meet tonight? give me a call if your free 7554321

regards
mooch

Hi Helena

We can meet together with my expat friends.I'm sure they will welcome you with an open heart. We are free almost every night. Just give me a call...my number is in your inbox.

Happy evening =)

Thank you mooch and Pinoy!
I am sure i will find time to join you guys.
But tonight, I just suggested to have a dinner with my colleague.
Enjoy you night!
Helena

Will you free tomorrow morning or afternoon?
Might have an afternoon tea tomorrow?
Thanks
Helena

Hi Helena!

Me again. Afternoon is fine, just a give me ring..

:)WOW Pinoy!

hi helena & pinoy,

i wont be available till 6pm, let me know if you guys are ok after 6?

cheers mooch

If it's after 6pm, I'll join you guys. Just let me know where. :) Wow Pinoy, just text me.

See you all soon!!!

We could start up our camaraderie in the Maldives. We can invite all Expat.com members in the Maldives and schedule a get together meeting! We can organize for a good cause...

What do you think guys?

Happy morning:)

great idea pinoy, i will support you guys tho i am not a expat in maldives :) i think we should do it

cheers
mooch

West Park is good place to sitting outside, have a afternoon tea and talking
That's a good idea to gather all Exapatriates together, I am leaving for a week, then come back again.
How about meet for a coffe or tea at West Park around 3:00PM today?
Any guys will free then?
Helena

hi helena,

not beofor 6pm :(

yes west park is a good place...

do let me know if you guys can do around 6pm :)

mooch

We will welcome everybody! After all,the more we can invite, the merrier we can be!

Let's have an initial meet up this week. Please recommend a venue and time.

See you..

Hi Helena;

Since you are leaving, i will meet you around 3pm at west park and have some tea. But i need you to confirm  this by text or call. You have my number. Right?   See yah!....

hi guys,

how no news?

cheers
mooch

Hi guys!

I'm back, sorry for it is only now for i was very busy for SAARC summit.  How about we schedule or meet up on November 12?

Please let me know your thoughts.

regards

hi everybody,

just arrived in Maldives
would like to meet some new friends..

best regards,
mar

Hi fellow expats and expat members!

Let us meet tomorrow night, Nov 12, 8pm, PLease text me for the final venue.

Derick

Dear All

We planned to meet last year but it was left unattended due to urgent activities and work priorities. Since Ramazan is fast approaching on July 20 (means working hours is lessen during the priod), i would like to put a spark once again on this post to initiate actions and make it happen.

THe 'end in MInd of this activity is for us to introduce our self, create friends and start a camaraderie for a good cause, that is helping others to live well and cope easily while working on a foreign land. I encourage Maldivian member to join us to organize this matter.

If you think we can make it happen, please let me know and we can post with a new title for trending and we will start the planning stage.

Be happy =)

hi all,

lets propose dates, everyone can post number of dates when they are available, and the date when most of us can meet will be set as the meeting date.

venu we can decide later.. what do you say?...

or we can do a series of events, whoever is eager to meet will join and slowly we can grow the group....

regards
mooch

hey Wow Pinoy and mooch,

(it's me "ALL" eheheh..:P)
.,it's sounds interesting! when it will be?
hope other members will participate..
as what they say "The more,the merrier"!!

i don't have work  after 5pm, that includes whole day Friday and Saturday afternoon. What about your availability?

Need to survey our time availability then we decide on what day of the week.

sny comment guys?

i am pretty much available after 6pm any day of the week..

we can make a early evening tea session?

That would be great. Im now coordinating with others via mobile on the date. It might fall on thursday or Friday night.

see yah soon!

Greetings from Mauritius,

Heading to Southeast Asia for work and finally to Maldives for a break.  Interested in surfing, diving, photography and roaming around, lazing at the beach, hogging and meeting interesting people with their basket of experiences.

I would be there next month, will inform the dates soon.
Looking forward to meeting interesting people.

Regards,
VK

Thursday night wud be ideal :)

mooch wrote:

Thursday night wud be ideal :)

yea better,:top: