New to Hurghada any expat groups that meet, any aussies?

Hi
I am with my partner here in Hurghada having just moved here. I am keen to make contact with any expat groups that may meet regularly. I split my time between here and Australia, and am doing some English teaching. Worked as HR Manager, Project manager, can turn my hand to most things! Interested in contract, casual work also, thanks😃

Good luck  i too  am  from   Australia  and  lived  in   Hurgharda   Now  back  in  australia
There  is  a  group   That  meets   At a  coffee  shop  on the far  end  of  the   Marina  on a  week  day   I think  tuesday
Around  12  but  you   Could  ask  down    There
Just   Remember   You  are   Aussie not   English  amd  be proud   Of   Our country we  have   A   Good  name   There

Good  luck   With  the   Adventure 
Joann

Thanks so much for your post quonying, I will enquire about the coffee group. Pity you have gone back, do you intend to return? Yes proud Aussie and we do have a good name here😃. Keep in touch that would be great.

I   Am currently   Building   My   Business  here  in  sydney   So  unfortunately  have
To delay   My   Return
I think  hurgharda is  a wonderful place
And  it  takes  time   To  incoroprate  your 
Skills  there  but  i  am  sure  you  will
Be fine
Goodluck   Joann

Hi
Welcome to Hurghada!
I am an Australian living in Hurghada. I have been here nearly two and a half years. Until now I have known of only one other Australian living here in all the time I have been here. I work here and so I haven't been to any of the meeting points so I cannot help you with that I am afraid :)

In my experience most people do not know anything about Australia and most of them think I mean Austria when I say where I am from.

If you need any help with anything feel free to message me :)

great thank you tigerlily...I know what you mean about Austria lol..but genereally Egyptians are quite happy to hear if from Australia.. I agree.. this is my 7th trip to Egypt in last two years and I have met only one person who lives in Hurghada who has also lived in Oz..nvm..happy to just make friends really, thanks for your note.

As I said in my previous post, I don't have information on the Expat meeting points but I thought you maybe interested in a couple of Facebook pages where you could post a request for information about that. One is Hurghada Residents and the other Hurghada Area Expats.

My work schedule is reasonably flexible so if you feel like a chat with another Aussie at anytime I am more than happy to meet with you for a coffee, just send me a pm :)

Here are the Facebook links

https://www.facebook.com/groups/291419274247680/    HRG Expats

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6833214023/   HRG Residents

“Lotus” – New Women Multiactivities Non Profit Organisation

Lotus meets in the Zarbagad Mall every Wednesday from 8pm to 11pm during the winter period.

Almost 25 women showed up and it was really interesting and funny! Ladies from the Netherlands, France, Egypt and Germany ( I am still the only one- unbelievable) between 25 and 55 years build up friendships, spent a nice time together and support each other. They organize workshops like cooking, literature, Egypt story, gym, crochet & broidery, games etc.

If you want to join the group you can mail to: [email protected] or just drop in the Restaurant Pescada in the Zarbagad Mall
Goodluck  enjoy

Thanks for that Tigerlilly for some reason cant PM but sent contact request as yes would love to meet for coffee, sent requests to both those fb groups many thanks 😃

Fantastic Joann that is just what I am looking for, will make contact with this group, good luck with your business, cheers 😃
Jennifer

Hi again

I can't send you a PM either. Just check your settings in your profile as you may have it set up so no one can send you private messages. I can send PM's to my other friends so I am pretty sure that is what it is. :)

My pleasure 
Are you  intending  to  live   There
Or  awaiting your hubby visa  back here
Cheers   Joann

Tigerlily3103 wrote:

Hi again

I can't send you a PM either. Just check your settings in your profile as you may have it set up so no one can send you private messages. I can send PM's to my other friends so I am pretty sure that is what it is. :)

To activate the PM system you first have to post a certain number of times.

Hi have you come across Lotus Ladies, it is a Ladies only group of expats that meets on a Wednesday from 13:00 - 15:00 in the winter and 15:00 - 17:00 in the summer, in one of the last coffee shops in the Marina at the Abu Ashra end. Let me know if you want to be put in contact with them. They don't meet in the Mall, this may be another group that the other person is talking about

Hi Zoe
Not yet, I am interested in this group but gather their meeting place has changed, do you mean the che guevera (loving the name) cafe at end nr mosque? I would like to make contact, thanks so much for your note.
cheers Jennifer

Hi to my knowledge Lotus has been meeting in the marina for at least the last 4 years.

No Guevera is a bar. They meet in a cafe which is just past this bar.

I don't attend the meetings very often as I am too busy running my charity (Facebook page Hurghada Gives) but if you want me to  introduce  you to the group one Wednesday let me know. Zoe

Hello, I'm from Cairo but now I live in hurghada for work, its my first time here ,I'm working as area marketing manager in hotel field , hope to meet new friends ,what about meeting points you are talking about

Hi Lotus Ladies,(ladies only)  is still on its winter schedule so will be meeting from 13:00 - 15:00 in one of the last coffee shops at the Abu Ashra end of the Marina. If you are interested let me know and I will introduce you. I don't go every week as I am busy with my charity - facebook page Hurghada Gives