Electric Cable

Hi, can anyone help please?

Is there a particular standard for domestic electric cable in Bulgaria?
I want to bring rolls of cable from UK to re-wire our house near Burgas, however our builder says we cannot use it because cable must be of Bulgarian standard and he will buy it.
I wonder if he is saying this because he won't make any money on purchases if we bring our own cable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I expect him being a Bulgarian tradesman he would know?
I had a full re-wire for my house costing 900 euros that is parts and labour?
The mark up on the material is unkown to me all I can say is the job was done to a high spec, as you would hope.
Would you be driving over with this cable as the weight would be too expensive to freight?
If you trust this guys judgment and word then see what the quote is then consider all options.
(sorry it is a simple answer and not a more solid one)
Best wishes and good luck, Steve.

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

What size is your house please? 900 euros seems a good price compared to the price we have been given.

Regards

Rof

I don't know what cable you need but I can guarantee you he is saying that to make $$$ off you. And with that said you should really think what else is he trying to overcharge you on. I have bulgarian friends that are constantly sharing their bad experience with contractors here, from getting a low bid then ending up paying up to twice as much to poor quality work and even them leaving in the middle of the project. Keep in mind they live here, know the prices and speak the language and are still getting screwed over. Honestly there is no good advice I can give as I would never buy or build anything here. Just be very cautious and check and double check work they claim they have done. It goes without saying never ever pay in advance.

I have p/m you direct.

Hi Kris, thank you for the info. Regards, Roff.

Hi,

Here in Bulgaria there are several standards related to electricity cables. However all of these are production standards and none is deigned for wiring houses.
The cables that you are gonna use depend first on the installed power, secondly on your budget and on the third place on the qualifications of the person who's doing the job. all the rest is just creative speaking.

generally, when wiring a house you will need two or three different types of cables, you can calculate the right type approximately by providing 1 square mm for every 4,5 amps or 1 kw installed power

and yes, find the right person to do the job or you will do it twice

Hi Kristiann, many thanks for your reply.

Well one of my Danish friends bought 150 meters of cable in Germany, since the quality of what i ripped out of the walls, was to bad couldnt take enough power. If you renew buy all stuff yourself, there is plenty of foreigners ready to help and advice bout, where to buy what etc.
A friend in Sofia hired a guy to set up all cable, switches etc 100 lev pr day on a saturday and sunday so 200 lev for a guy who Works for a electrician Company in the everyday, thats a good Price and tells one has the right network.

Hi, many thanks for your good advice.

Hi There,
If a builder has told you Bulgarian standard, trust me there is no standard he is talking crap and nothing but the crap. Bring your own wires and light switches. you can get electrician very cheap. If you know rewiring or have a little knowledge of wiring can get DIY book. Never trust builders here.

Regards

Hassan46

Hello ,

Dont listen to your builder  especely if he is bulgarian !  The cables fom UK are perfect and you can use them !!!!
                                                         Axinia
[email protected]

Hi Hassan, thank you for your advice.

Hi, thank you for your reply.