Part time teaching in Riyadh??

Hi all,

My husband has been searching high and low to do some part time English teaching in the evenings.

Any advice on where to go or how to start? Preferably at a language institute.

He tried berlitz, but they've put him on hold for about 2 months saying they'll contact him when they need him.

Other language schools have said they'll review his cv and get back to him, some say he has to transfer even to do part time teaching.

He has over 10yrs experience in the field so I doubt the qualifications are a problem

I am a teacher myself and i know a few people here who could pull some strings.. And yet i could not find a part time teaching job. However if a school is in desperate need of a teacher they would hire him as a part-timer

If he is professional he can give private lessons for students in their homes or open class in his home , let him offer his service to people in MOSQUE By EMAM hope will get chance.

Princess MA wrote:

Hi all,

My husband has been searching high and low to do some part time English teaching in the evenings.

Any advice on where to go or how to start? Preferably at a language institute.

He tried berlitz, but they've put him on hold for about 2 months saying they'll contact him when they need him.

Other language schools have said they'll review his cv and get back to him, some say he has to transfer even to do part time teaching.

He has over 10yrs experience in the field so I doubt the qualifications are a problem

What else language he can speak?

That's interesting. A friend of mine teaches at the Berlitz in Riyadh and he doesn't even have a degree in English. He teaches 6 hours per day, so maybe they want someone who can teach long hours? The pay was quite decent too, I thought.

I'd really appreciate if you could ask your friend how he managed to get work there. Quite a few friends of ours were told by berlitz that they could only employ you to do 2hrs a day max. Their reason was to give all prospective teachers a fair opportunity to teach for them.