Australian female living in Manila

Are you a young female expat aged 23-35 and living in Manila? Are you missing great English conversation? Is so, fancy a coffee?

Looking for friendship only.

(moderated: no free ads please)

hi becca, what do you think of the monarchy? do you think they should remain, or is it time to build a republic in UK?

Hi bartok
Good question.  I couldn't speak for the rest of the countries in the British monarchy, but I can talk about it from an Australian perspective.

Australians' are ambivelant towards the monarchy; slightly in favour of keeping it.  Generally speaking, the monarchy goes against Australian social values like disrespect for people born into affluence, anti-discrimination or the belief that all people are equal regardless of social status.  Whilst it's important for the country to have a leader, this person should earn it based on merit and not through genetics. So, arguably it's not a good fit with social values.

Mostly, the Queen is seen as redundant, more a pleasant decoration. She represents our history, which we're proud of, but doesn't really do anything. The general sentiment is fondness because people like her.  She's inoffensive and leaves independent Australia alone.

Personally,  whilst people like the Queen the country will stay under the monarchy.  When she passes away or the crown is passed to the next in line, I predict there to be a bigger movement in favour of an Australian Republic.

I'm sure others have opposing views.  What do you think?

Well i agree, Monarchy is just a shade better than racism, its sounds good to have a proud history, but guys isn't it time we cherish the novelties and achievements of great person who have changed the society, living style and contributed so much and most of them came from just a humble background.

I am strong believer of Freedom and Individualism..... Respect for all and everybody just as important as anyone else

Cheers
John

Long live the Commonwealth Games! haha! Aussies are at it again.

what all about?and why?just be simples pls
regards

hey becca,

up for coffee over the weekend in makati? PM me ur no and we can meet up.