Romanians community in Malta

Dear expats, for those who are interested , in Malta there are about 2.000 Romanian citizens from all social category . We have created also a blog and a group on Facebook name Comunitatea de romani in Malta . Feel free to ask questions using this forum !

Hi Leo,

2000 Romanian citizens in Malta?  That would make them one of the largest Expat groups in Malta ! Are you sure?

The official figures of Romanian citizens  registered in Malta are a lot less.

If your numbers are correct , it might be reasonable to suggest your fellow citizens to register in Malta if they consider themselves resident.

Cheers
Ricky

Heloo Ricky,
yes man :) you're right, we are about 300 registered. I'm saying "we are" but even if I'm registered for personal and business purposes to more than  20 institutions , I'm not sure if I'm part of the 300 :) .
Not only, my number it is modest as being the creator of the first group on facebook for our comunity, only in my group there are today 1266 members :) and my personal opinion is that we are more than 3.000. Also bulgarians has wrong statistics and as you know, it is not so hard to count 500.000 people but....

Hi Leo,

if you think the numbers are even mre than 3000 yet only 300 are officially registered I would suggest that you make it a point to tell your fellow Romanian citizens in Malta to play by the rules.

As you well know, a feww rotten apples, will make the whole basket rot  and having more than 90 % of your fellow citizens residing illegally in Malta without registration does not fair well !

I wish you all the best with your new group.

Cheers
Ricky

Dear Ricky,

that's the point and the problem comes from the statistics not from us. We have rights as all EU citizens, all people I know personally, and are more than 300, they all have an ID card and the residence....

thanks for your wishes and all the best!