Moving to Malta soon..... help!

Hi everyone

My partner and I have made a life changing decision and are moving to Malta at the end of March beginning of April.

We have been frequent visitors and feel it is our spiritual home.

The decision has been made with no jobs to go to and very little savings - apart from the you are bonkers comments can anyone help with great practical advice - where to find good cheap accommodation, best place for work, etc.

Its a big, brave move but we are a bit nervous. Any help and advice gratefully received.

If anyone was thinking of employing us.... I have experience in management, call centre work, sales and customer care etc. My better half is an artist, illustrator and has plenty of retail experience.

See you all soon and thank you.

Martin

hey martin
I could say you were mad ,bonkers et al but then i would be a hypocrite
my blog http://2014malta.blogspot.com/ will give you an idea of how we came here with nothing and how we are making a life here .
It is a huge step and you need some Balls so to speak .
You dont need a job to come here and looking at what you suggest you have expereince in i am sure you could find work pretty easy in a call center environment though if you speak other languages this might gaurentee that  - i recommend applying at the HSBC call center .

i reccomend you check out matlapark for accomodation and jobs .. worth noting you will find it easier to rent  in malta , its not so easy to rent from the UK ..so you will need some money for a short term let/ hotel whilst you search for property but Maltapark will give you an idea whats currently listed .. if you go with an agent you will also need to pay 50% rent as a letting agent fee .

if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask them and i will help where i can

robert

Hey, we're bonkers too and arriving on March 2nd... this forum has been a really huge help for us and I hope it will be for you too. Don't know if I can be of any help for you as I'm not here yet, but from what I've seen there's always someone here who knows the answer to your question.

ps:  Rob, I didn't know about your blog, I'm gonna read that right now :)

Call Centre Jobs - HSBC and Centrecom (These have the contract for Gumtree here in Malta) pay around 12-14k a year.

If anyone needs any assistance with FX exchange from GBP to Euro then message me as i am sure i can help

Julian

Good luck Martin...
Doing same..taking the bull by its horns and going for it. ..life is too short wondering..one step at a time and it will all fall into place if yr heart wishes..
cheers

Good luck Martin...
Doing same..taking the bull by its horns and going for it. ..life is too short wondering..one step at a time and it will all fall into place if yr heart wishes..
cheers