Wages in Brasil ? - Oil and gas platforms / car factory techs ??

Hello all -
I am living in the north and have applied for technical jobs on oil platforms and tech jobs at the new FIAT factory here in PE.
Have a technical background ;
Radio communications - big ocean going ships
Certified FAA airframe aircraft mechanic
Automotive mechanic
Industrial electrician ; locomotives, machinery, control panel builder

I watched the PBS special on Brasil with Michael Palin where he visited the Embraer factory and worked with an guy who painted these airplanes. He said his salary was R$3500 a month.
So, I figured this is the ball park for more technical jobs here in Brasil.

Anybody have first hand knowledge of salaries in these areas ??

The other questions I have is ;
Will they hire a foreigner who is qualified for these positions who is 62 years old but in good shape and looks like he's 50 ?

Thanks
Guy

How old was the PBS documentary? R$3500 per month sounds a bit on the low side. An online article posted by Globo on May 28, 2013 stated that aircraft mechanics could earn up to R$12000 per month.

Radio operators are making around R$4480 plus benefits per month according to http://empregocampos.blogspot.com.br/20 … rador.html

The Catho website shows salary range for Industrial Electricians as being R$2100 - 3000 per month.

Employees in car plants are making much less, anywhere from R$1000 - 3000 per month depending on their duties.

Good info James, thanks.

PBS show was late 2014.

I am assuming that is monthly salary ?
These radio opr jobs are usually 14 on and 14 off, so I guess that is for 14 days ? R$6000 / 14 (8hrs a day) = R$53 per hour or US $20 hr.
Not too bad for Brasil.

Another question ;
I can make  R$3300 per month without a penalty from social security.
HOW would the US social security office or the IRS know on my earning wages here in Brasil ?

Guess this complicates my tax return some ??

Guy

In Brazil you find a good job in the industry like this , having a good " Q I " ( Quem te indica ) . That's how I and all my work colleagues find work in this field   . Doesn't matter how old are you or the nationality , just the "QI" and to have the proved experience in the brazilian "carteira de trabalho " . There are a lot of people competing for this jobs because of the salary  whey above the average and the employer will always prefer to give the job to a brazilian if they wore to pick someone from the pile of received C.V . Unless one gets lucky to be the only one with the skills needed, happened to me twice in 12 years  :top:  .