Hello all you lovely expats.

Hi there. Im new to this whole expats blogging thing. So interested to see what its about and hoping to meet like minded peeps...:D

Hi Christina,
im a graphic designer in dubai, been here for 4 months now.
How about you?
Ryan

Wow thats really exciting. I studied marketing when i was at varsity, and really enjoyed it to.
So what brings you to the UAE?
I think i went fishing in Ras Al Khaima when i first arrived in Dubai. Its a beautiful place hey!
Where are you originally from?

Cheers,
Ryan

Thats cool, im really enjoying it here. There is so much to do, but i am miss home a bit.
I work for Vistige advertising, and freelance design for walt disney in my spear time. My family is also here. They have been here for 5 years, so in the being of the year i decided to join them.

Cheers,
Ryan

True i think all in good time. Iv been to a few clubs and pubs in dubai, they are really fun. So do you work at all here. And what are your interests?

Well i also really going out and meeting new people. I also enjoy painting, digital design, cooking and fishing. I also ride bikes, but not since i moved to dubai.. Looking to get one for the desert soon.
Cheers,

Yes, we'll most probably organize such things here in RAK :)

I would love to do that. I went on one in december and have been dying to do it again. Please let me know when..

As soon the temperature gets down and we have discovered the region around RAK a bit more :lol::lol:

Keep me updated too guys...

last week i was in OMAN , wow!!! such a nice place to go..

we were 10 friends and we had gr8 fun...

Swimming, Diving, Mountain Trekking, Boat trip...wow!!! lot of fun...

can we have something like this in RAK. i heard that even in RAK, we can do these kind of activities...

Regards

Satish

wassup rayan

welcome in UAE AND in expat am new as well

i live in sharjah am a vet.

keep in touch friend

am new comer in emirates i like know new pepole and new cultures
can speak both french and english
right now am in ajman

waiting for friends

I highly recommend a time out in RAK, it's an amazing emirate (city).

I'm also a newbie to Dubai...so new in fact, that I haven't even arrived yet! I'll be there in two weeks though, completely friendless, knowing no one, and hopinng to dive head-on into all of the expat experiences and friends and outings as soon as possible so the homesickness doesn't kick in!

So, just saying hi. I'm 24, and will be teaching music at one of the international schools in Dubai, in Jumeirah. It looks like an amazing place, but I'll definitely need some friends/people to show me the ropes. Also interested in art, reading and exploring in my spare time.

Cheers,
Steph

aussie99 wrote:

I'm also a newbie to Dubai...so new in fact, that I haven't even arrived yet! I'll be there in two weeks though, completely friendless, knowing no one, and hopinng to dive head-on into all of the expat experiences and friends and outings as soon as possible so the homesickness doesn't kick in!

So, just saying hi. I'm 24, and will be teaching music at one of the international schools in Dubai, in Jumeirah. It looks like an amazing place, but I'll definitely need some friends/people to show me the ropes. Also interested in art, reading and exploring in my spare time.

Cheers,
Steph

Hey steph

nice to see you on Expat.com.

nothing to worry about anything. Dubai is a friendly place. you can simply make new friends...

as almost 93% of the population here are expatriates. so everybody started from the scratch.

we do have regular get-together in Dubai. keep logging to check it out for the latest updates.

so you are a teacher...and that too Music...you should be creative.

hope to see you soon...

cheers

Satish

welcome to the uae and to the forum everyone :)

People are always saying there is nothing organised and not much to do out here...so i have organised a little get together along with another member for this Thursday.. :P details can be found over here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=49647 .. hope to see more members at the event!!