Newbies are ready to meet other newbies or 'old newbies' in town...

As long as you're having fun!  :)

Anyone for meet in St Julian's on Friday evening.8pm
Am at Dublin Airport ready to embark for flight.
In Malta 10th to 24th.
Up for social drink meal and craic.

Cheers MC

Will see you all on Friday.
Looking forward to it!
:D

NicolaY wrote:

Will see you all on Friday.
Looking forward to it!
:D

Where and at what time you will meet on friday?

I guess the next meeting is this Friday at Cuba at 8pm?

Not really sure, hopefully! I think I will head down there for that time.

Yes, Cuba in St Juluan's. Spinola Bay. I will come later and I have Kerry's # if you've all moved on to another locale.

Should I book a table do you think? I'm just thinking if I book it for lots of people, but people are coming in and out at different times and not all here from 8, Cuba might not appreciate that? Maybe I should book a smallish one, just so we at least have a base of some sort?

Hi Kerry

I'd say book a table and people come, probably more than last time.

Cheers
Russell

OK, I've a booked a table for 8pm at Café Cuba ST JULIANS in my name (Kerry). The table is only booked for 6 people, as I suspect you won't all be there from the start. However, if lots of you now confirm you'll be there from 8ish then I'll call and increase it tomorrow.
See ya tomorrow bloggers  :D

Sorry I would have loved to come but I am booked for a "Meet Up" group also in St Julian's tonight. I hope you all have a good time.

Hey all , next Thursday 19th March is a public holiday so who fancies coming to Marsaxlokk for an afternoon if dry sat out enjoying the marsaxlokk sunshine of not drinks at my place ... Let us know if your intetested

HowardP wrote:

Sorry I would have loved to come but I am booked for a "Meet Up" group also in St Julian's tonight. I hope you all have a good time.

No problem Howard- maybe next time. I too am double booked tonight, but luckily the two places are close enough to go to both. Enjoy!

Hello all, I'm going working in Sliema as a Chef
I'm looking for friends in Malta.
I'm 36, Spanish.
I would like to meet you all.

Alejandro1978 wrote:

Hello all, I'm going working in Sliema as a Chef
I'm looking for friends in Malta.
I'm 36, Spanish.
I would like to meet you all.

I just messaged you Alejandro. When you arrive, take a look on here, as there should be something happening. Welcome in advance to Malta!

robpw2 wrote:

Hey all , next Thursday 19th March is a public holiday so who fancies coming to Marsaxlokk for an afternoon if dry sat out enjoying the marsaxlokk sunshine of not drinks at my place ... Let us know if your intetested

Rob that sounds great. I'm working horrible 10 hour days next week though and I may have to work on Thursday too. Can I let you know closer to the time when I know if I'll be free? Hopefully it will be a lovely sunny day and we can try one of those restaurants that sounded so nice that you told us about  :)

Hey guys,
Was great to catch up last night!
Here is the link to the meet up group I was at before joining you.
- meetup.com/maltasocial
Hope to see you guys at The Dubliner, 830 Tues. Alejandro- St Pat's day, hope you can make it.

I d like to be there. You mean next tuesday at 20:30. right? If im not working ill be there

Yes ;)
I haven't adjusted to the European way of indicating time.

Thanks for everyone who made it last night...was great fun!!! Let's not wait too long for the next one :) x

Morky wrote:

Thanks for everyone who made it last night...was great fun!!! Let's not wait too long for the next one :) x

I second that lol
I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and great company last night. It'd be great to meet more often.
The book club is an interesting branch to our meeting and I look forward to finding out what it entails.

Thanks everyone! :)

Hey guys look forward to hopefully joining you guys on one of your meets sometime soon. I move to Malta on the 30th March due to my partners new job out there. We have an apartment in St Julians for the first month were there while we find a place to live but will be looking in St Julians / Sliema area. Sam :-) x

Hi guys,

I just moved to Malta at the beginning of March and would love to join all of you for the next meet up.
I lived in Florida for many years, then Germany in 2014 and now looking forward to make Malta my home.

Simon

It was nice to meet you all last night, look forward to the next one! I'm not doing a shameful plug but the offer still stands for the free taster sessions for my Boxing 4 Fitness Personal Training if any one else is interested!

Yeah Drew, I'll try it  out. Let me know when they are.

Nange wrote:

Yeah Drew, I'll try it  out. Let me know when they are.

Ok great! I work from 6am  - 9pm Mon-Fri and 6am - 2pm on Saturday and have plenty of spaces available at the moment so whenever's good for you?

Hey all,
Was a fun night. We should def do one again soon. Plus there seems like lots of newbies!
Regards the bookclub if anyone is keen for it, the book is The Son by Jo Nesbo. Is all very casual. Wine and crisps. I am hosting so if you are interested let me know! It will be a few weeks time so we have time to read it.
Nicola. 😀 x

Hello All,
Im currently visiting Malta and would like to meet people and explore the island...
Any special plans or suggestions ?
Cheers,
Tony

NicolaY wrote:

Hey all,
Was a fun night. We should def do one again soon. Plus there seems like lots of newbies!
Regards the bookclub if anyone is keen for it, the book is The Son by Jo Nesbo. Is all very casual. Wine and crisps. I am hosting so if you are interested let me know! It will be a few weeks time so we have time to read it.
Nicola. 😀 x

sounds interesting it would be good to get back into reading again :)
i might have to pop over for your next one

Cts142 wrote:

Hello All,
Im currently visiting Malta and would like to meet people and explore the island...
Any special plans or suggestions ?
Cheers,
Tony

hey tony welcome to the forum:)
where abouts in malta are you ?
how long you here for etc..
i am sure depedning on where you are there will be people who will meet up with you or pop along to one of the nights or days mentioned in this thread or the meeting others thread in the sticky

hope you find people to meet up with

all the best

Thanks for ur message :)
Im currently living in the south , but i can still meet up in different locations.
I have recently moved and trying to explore the island :)

Cts142 wrote:

Im currently living in the south , but i can still meet up in different locations.

Hello im onSliema if you come arround here we can meet each other. I plan to go to Marsaskla and Marsaslokk, i can tell you when ill go there also.
See you soon

Sure Alejandro...just keep me updated :)

Alejandro1978 wrote:
Cts142 wrote:

Hello im onSliema if you come arround here we can meet each other. I plan to go to Marsaskla and Marsaslokk, i can tell you when ill go there also.
See you soon

i live in marsaxlokk we are planning a meet up for thursday afternoon evening as its a public holiday meeting by the church (which is opposite the bus stop) say about 2pm and anyone who wants to can come meet us there .

its due to be sunny so hopefully we can all sit out on the front somewhere and bask in the sun :)

Hiya,

I'm new. is this an event that is on going/ gone or upcoming?

Hi Rob,

Im new to this convo. what church is that you are planning on meeting by?

JoeM22 wrote:

Hiya,

I'm new. is this an event that is on going/ gone or upcoming?

Hi Joe, I'm new here as well and not great at organising meet ups etc, but will definitely be out for a few beers on Friday if you fancied a drink?

robpw2 wrote:

i live in marsaxlokk we are planning a meet up for thursday afternoon evening as its a public holiday meeting by the church (which is opposite the bus stop) say about 2pm and anyone who wants to can come meet us there .

its due to be sunny so hopefully we can all sit out on the front somewhere and bask in the sun :)

Sounds good, Will try and make it over!

Hi ther Drew,

sure I'd be up for that. where abouts are you thinking? I live in sliema so any where around here/ st julians is good. Or maybe Paceville? I heard that was a good area for a drink?

Ok nice one, I'm living in Balluta Bay so anywhere in Sliema/St Julians is good. Could maybe do a bit of a crawl from Sliema - St Julians and see what happens! I'm sure a few others that see this will be up for it as well.