Tourist Visa

Dear James, Octavia,

I am happy to share that now i have Indian & Brazilian Marriage Certificate.
Now i want to apply for Tourist Visa to meet my wife in Brazil.

Documents Needed(as mentioned on Embassy website):
1.Application Form
2.My Passport Bio-Date Page
3.Invitation Letter from Wife
4.Cover Letter, purpose of my visit to Brazil
5.Air Tickets
6.Visa Fee INR1600 through Bank Draft
I have submit all the above documents.
Will they ask my bank account for 6 months? If so, i do not have much funds.

If i plan to stay more than 2 months in Brazil, then I may apply for Permanent Visa(as you said that VIPER Process is faster now).

Yes, they will ask for at least 6 months of bank statements and some proof that you have sufficient funds on hand to support yourself for the duration of your stay in Brazil.

You should be aware that if this is your first ever application for a Brazil Visa then it is not likely that you will get a VITUR Tourist Visa valid for 5 years - 90 day, multiple entry visits. It is more common that citizens of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are granted only a 30 day "single use only" VITUR visa on their first application. Only following a successful visit to Brazil and return to their homeland would they be granted a 5 year, multiple entry visa as are citizens of other countries.

See the link below to the Consulado-Geral do Brasil em Mumbai for details of the requirements of a VITUR Tourist Visa. (Note: the process is exactly the same whether you apply at the Consulate in Mumbai or New Delhi, whichever has jurisdiction over your city):

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/to … tur%29.xml

In your case since you are married to a Brazilian citizen and have the Marriage Certificates you should prepare all the documents necessary for the VIPER Permanent Visa (permanência definitiva com base em cônjuge brasileira) application before you leave for Brazil, then you can apply for permanency very shortly following your arrival.

Provided that all the documents are present and in order then permanency is granted immediately under the new "fast track" system, you register in the RNE - Registro Nacional de Estrangeiro and apply for your civil ID (Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro) all at the same time. Your passport gets stamped "Registrado como Permanente" and you can immediately apply for your work permit through the Ministry of Labor.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

all the best