Single woman with child in riyadh

hello.
i am a doctor who was selected for salman bin abdul aziz hospital in riyadh.i am a single mother with my child of 5.5 years and i wanted to know whether you can live and travel alone with my child there.i was offered accomodation along with visa for my child.is it safe? is it allowed? i am worried about my childs safety.

Please refer to this Sponsor your family or Child.

thank you so much wilson.highly appreciated

I have a Suggestion for you. Prefer Qatar if compare to Saudi. In Qatar no barriers. The same jobs openings in Qatar for Radiation Oncology Consultant

Hello deepsid,

welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this thread has been moved from the India forum to the Riyadh forum for a better interaction with the other members.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

child's safety is the first priority for any mother but basic question is once you arrive here and start your work, where are you planning to put your child? You would like to check with the hospital if they have day care and they take good care of children in there.

hi ehtesham,
i have already arranged my childs education and daycare via online interactions.thank you.my only issue is whether i can come there as a single parent?

hi shaazia,
thanks honey. :)

I'm liviving in riyadh

deepsid wrote:

hi ehtesham,
i have already arranged my childs education and daycare via online interactions.thank you.my only issue is whether i can come there as a single parent?

that's great planning, its difficult to be single parent here.

hi,
it is difficult to be a single parent anywhere.but when you are with your child you forget everything and is happy.we both are very happy together.anyways thanks to everyone who replied and a BIG NO to all those who messaged irrelevantly.please this is no dating site.i have gotten all the replies i wanted.hence forth i don't expect any more activity in this post.thanks for all who genuinely replied.thank you again.i am closing this post.

"hi,
it is difficult to be a single parent anywhere.but when you are with your child you forget everything and is happy.we both are very happy together.i have already arranged my childs education and daycare via online interactions"
I think you can work with your child here in Riyadh .If you have any relatives or friends here in Riyadh,their help is  better for you.Kerala also Good working place for Radiation Oncology Consultant like You.God Bless You and Child.

Aslamoalykum
hi dear I want to talk with you 0543695426
[email protected]
Thanks

Gentlemen, she has already closed this post !! And also refrain from sharing your personal info in public thread :)

Hello doctor
no problem.
zahid malik
(professor)
[email protected]

get in touch if you need further information.

i really dont understand why some  spine less slimey creatures are STILL writing irrelevant messages after this lady has closed this post.SHE IS A RESPECTABLE DOCTOR AND NOT ANY AIRAH GAIRAH COMMONER.stop being utter fools.

thank you neel 2009.it is very funny actually.when i said single mother these people thought i am seperated or divorced.actually my husband is doing his doctorate and is now away for the time being and will join us shortly after 3 months.he has mostly been away due to mine and his studies and hence.MY,THE LEVEL TO WHICH PEOPLE STOOP.any ways i joined this site thinking that it will be good.but i guess i was wrong.

Yes you can, its safe but off course leaving the child alone will not be safe even in your country, many good international schools available which are safe, I do not know about your accommodation, but if its compound its very good and very safe.

Generally the city is very safe.

B,Regs

Mohammed Abdelrahman

thanks mr.muhammed.eventhough i had closed this post the genuineness in your reply had to be appreciated.just to say thanks to you i am writing this final post. and yes,i am accomodated in a compound and it has a daycare.thank you once again.

In the normal case, initially you can't bring the child with you while coming to Saudi Arabia. You can bring your child only after your landing / arrival in Saudi Arabia and you have to process the documents to bring the child and this is subject to permission from your employer. So you have to check with your employer whether they can arrange a visa for your child on your arrival to stay with you. Second point I don't think you can carry your child and go for duty daily to your work place. What you will do your child at the work place. So you will have to keep your child with a baby care or you have to have a servant to look after your child at home / flat. This is the normal conditions and every thing else depends on you and your sponsor / hospital authorities.

living in ksa without male family memver is bit difficult but not prohibited.  Ladies can not drive but can travel safely with taxi drivers. Generally ppl respect ladies and they are safe.

I m also a doctor living here in ksa with family

In my opinion its not a food idea to bring a kid as a single mom. Saudi arabia is not having the enough freedom.  U well be at the hospital for hour... who will take care of ur kid?  U will go out tired from work and who will olay and take care of the homework at hom after school?  U will need to pay for a maid. And honestly its a lottery. ..some are good but stealing. ... others lazy and stealing...  ot abusing tge kids... Every day there is a necessity frim kids.... and weman cannot drive. So how u are going to manage with that?  If ur family can take care of him in ir country its preferable for u to come and check by ir self the life first and then u can take precautions. ... good luck!

deepsid wrote:

hence forth i don't expect any more activity in this post.thanks for all who genuinely replied.thank you again.i am closing this post.

As the initiator is asking for the closure of her topic, i am therefore closing it.

Thank you all for your participation. :)

Regards

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed