Where to live Oslo ? Lillestrøm ?

Hi everyone

Please may I have your advice ?  I have just moved to Norway & am working for a company in Vestvollveien (Skedsmokorset) which will require me travelling extensively across Norway and therefore access to motorways and airports.
Major attraction of accepting role is to enjoy the nature of Norway (alpine skiing, mountain biking etc) so would like reasonably quick access to these via road network.
I will need a parking space with property and whilst I like the idea and café culture of Oslo, would I be better off staying in a place like Lillestrøm and travelling into Oslo as and when especially as by budget (15,000 NOK) will limit me to outside of the inner ring.
Any practical experience will be greatly appreciated...and I thank you in advance.
Cheers

Hello Whidds and welcome on board Expat.com

Hope that soon enough some members will be able to shed some light on your queries.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Is that 15k NOK budget per month?  That seems... well it's not so much tbh.

Lillestrøm actually isn't that far from Oslo (talking 5 mins on the train).  You could go even further North where places are even cheaper and closer to the airport.  Jessheim is about a 7 min drive from the airport and has a large shopping center and is right next to the E6 (main motorway leading North-South).  Takes about 30 mins to drive to Oslo from there.

Seriously though, 15k seems a bit on the low side unless you are trying to share rent with someone else as well.

Best of luck!

Thanks Gary and for your views on monthly budget.

if this is the budget for rental, it seems perfectly reasonable, especially in Lillestrøm. If it´s total budget, yeah, it's a bit tighter.

but here's a place in Lillestrøm for under 10k that has a parking spot and is central enough that you can easily take the train to both Gardermoen and to downtown Oslo.

http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lett … rough=true

Considering your budget, outside Oslo, Lillestrøm or more up to the North would be more suitable for you