Moving to oman

:) Hi all, would you suggest a single mother of two chikdren, ages 4 and 7 should move to Oman on my own?
I am considering a teaching post in an international school. I'm a confident person, so moving on my own doesn't worry me but I just wondered how safe it would neon my own and if I would feel isolated as a single person?
Thanks

Certainly will recommend moving to Oman.

There's no problem at all living in Oman as a single mother. It's a very welcoming and safe society and there's a reasonable expat community where you can meet some like-minded people and make some friends; if you're a social person, you'll never feel bored or isolated in Oman.

From another prospective, moving to Oman would be also great for your kids (if you're planning to bring them over) as they'll get a golden opportunity to grow up in a multiculture environment where they'll have an easy access to interact and make friends with other kids from different backgrounds.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply x

Bexm wrote:

:) Hi all, would you suggest a single mother of two chikdren, ages 4 and 7 should move to Oman on my own?
I am considering a teaching post in an international school. I'm a confident person, so moving on my own doesn't worry me but I just wondered how safe it would neon my own and if I would feel isolated as a single person?
Thanks

Hi Bexm,

I am assuming that you would be based in Muscat.

If yes (or, no), you should not face any major hassles, except the many unwanted invitations to connect.

Oman / Muscat is saturated with desperate local and expatriate men who might think you are easy pickings.

So, when you do come, stay secure and stay safe.

Good luck.

You will find desperate people trying to take advantage everywhere and Oman is no exception, but generally its safe and sound. You should face no hassle, sort your accommodation through an estate office to avoid landlords. Don't be too friendly with taxi drivers and locals as well as expats in public services.

This a welcoming country and a friendly nation.

Good luck