San Ignacio, Cayo

Trying to move to the San Ignacio area in the next year or so.  Will have to continue to commute to the US for work.  Luckily, my corporate office is in Charlotte NC and I can get a direct flight.  I have a million questions about how to make this happen.  Bottom line is very simple though:  I WANT TO LIVE IN BELIZE!! And I don't want to wait to "retire" there.  Will be coming back for a week or two in January 2011 to check it out some more.  Have met several very nice ex-pats in the Bullet Tree area!  Looking forward to haveing some Belikins with you guys and soaking up your ex-pat wisdom!

I live in Bullet Tree and don`t mind questions

How long have you lived there?  Where did you move from?  I'm curious about all the "realtors" so anxious to sell me property.  How do you know who to trust.  I have heard a few horror stories about buying a property only to find out it was never for sale............money lost.  I can't afford to have that happen.

I came to Belize when I was ten years old. My mom moved here to be an organic farmer. We came from Oregon. I have been working in Bullet Tree for the past six years, and moved here ten months ago. I grew up on the Hummingbird Highway. People who sell land can be tricky, Try to use someone who is with Belize National association of Realtor, like Birdwalk or Rainforest. Do not buy from a owner directly to many types of land papers and a lot of time it is part of a family block and will have to be subdivided, and may be lease from Government. I am a builder by trade and live here at Mahogany Hall Boutique resort, which is one of my builds. Mary

I have been talking with Lee at Rainforest Realty.  Lee took us to Mahogany Hall while we were out exploring and looking at houses. We are planning to be back in Cayo in January for a week or two.  Would be great to meet you.
Chuck

Come on by, some how you look familiar to me, have we met?

We might have.  We were at Mahogany Hall with Lee in July.  We stayed there for a bit, had a few drinks and met several people including the owner.

Ahhh.  It all comes back to me.  We did meet.  Mary and Jonathan, right??

I could not find a direct from Raleigh. Which Airline flies direct from Charlotte? USAir seems to have stopped. Good luck on your relocation. We are going on our 4th fact finding mission this month (October)Hope to figure out what is esstential to take.

No direct flight from RDU.  You need to go US Air from CLT.  They are still flying direct.  Otherwise, you have to connect through MIA, ATL, DFW, or Houston.  Where are you staying while in Belize this time?  Hope you have a great and successful trip!

We used to fly usair and it was a great flight. I could not locate flights this time. So I called the 800 number and they bsaid they are not flying right now? Maybe I was looking at a bad time.
We have to go to Caye Caulker for a few days to relax. Then we will go to San Ignacio for 4 days. My boy friend made friends with a family that has a hotel there. I think its called Rosa's? Then we will go to Corozal for 2 days as we have not been there. Then spend the night in Belize city the night before we head back home. boho very sad time

Thats odd about US Air.  We are flying on them non-stop in January.  Maybe they only have the flight out of CLT seasonally.  Enjoy San Ignacio.  It is one of my favorite places.  We like to stay at the San Ignacio Hotel.  It is an awesome place.  Enjoy your trip!

Thanks you too. Will check on that again. To late for this one.