Visa ban for sales and marketing professionals ?

Hi ,
I am a sales professional from India, does any one knows is there any visa ban exist in Oman for sales and marketing professionals?

Kiran v Dhar wrote:

Hi ,
I am a sales professional from India, does any one knows is there any visa ban exist in Oman for sales and marketing professionals?

There is a present ban on sales and marketing professionals until at least May 2015. Also construction workers and cleaners.
I found this information online but maybe Oman members may have other information .

Kiran v Dhar wrote:

Hi ,

Yes, there has been a temporary ban on sales and marketting for expats. But it will be lifted up by the end of first quarter (Around april 2015).

In the News:
The Ministry of Manpower (MoM) has extended by another six months its decision to not issue fresh visas for sales and marketing professionals, construction workers, cleaners, carpenters, metallurgists, blacksmiths, brick kiln workers and camel keepers in the private sector.
>> The freeze will apply only to new visas and not on renewals.
>> The decision will not affect companies registered as excellent or are of international grade, consultancies, those implementing government projects and to companies that are managed full-time by their owners and registered with Riyada (Public Authority for Small and Medium Enterprises Development) and insured with the Public Authority for Social Insurance.