Change of profession from Technician to Engineer in Saudi Arab

Hello, can anyone tell me is it possible to change profession from technician to engineer in saudi arab? i have got job as technician in saudi arab but i also hold engineers degree. can i change my profession after some time? does iqama is transferable? if yes then what is the procedure?

Yes, it's possible but you have to furnish your degree attested from Saudi Chamber of commerce. Bare in mind that change your profession when you have the relevant job also otherwise it will go in an illegal act.

Hi bro ,
Hope you are enjoying life atsaudi . I am also an engineer on technician visa.  Better don't change as you cam bring your family on technician visa too . also engineer profession puts a fire on your savings . for further info look upon forum. 
     Regards

Hi sir, Can u quite be specific in statement " ENGINEER Visa fires savings"

Brother ,

if your certificate ENGINEER you can change but need to go through
http://www.saudieng.sa/  to register and give you PAPER to change your profession as per YOUR CERTIFICATE .

Engr 2015 wrote:

Hello, can anyone tell me is it possible to change profession from technician to engineer in saudi arab? i have got job as technician in saudi arab but i also hold engineers degree. can i change my profession after some time? does iqama is transferable? if yes then what is the procedure?

Yes Brother you can change your profession.but it depends on your company either they have engineer category available or not.you have to attest your degree from Saudi culture & Saudi embassy in Pakistan,in Saudi you have to register first in Saudi Engineering Council than you can change your profession.

how much time take to change iqama profession ? pls reply

manas1 wrote:

how much time take to change iqama profession ? pls reply

Normally it takes 1-2 weeks.depends on profession also.

thanks for ur reply,

my hus went to saudi on fitter visa about a month ago.that company gave family status there. he want to change his profession to engineer for family visa purpose.how much time take to get family visa for me. please give the detailed procedure about this.

manas1 wrote:

thanks for ur reply,

my hus went to saudi on fitter visa about a month ago.that company gave family status there. he want to change his profession to engineer for family visa purpose.how much time take to get family visa for me. please give the detailed procedure about this.

Sister the requirements for changing profession to engineer is,1. he have to attest his degree from Saudi Culture and Saudi Embassy in Home Country 2. He have to register in Saudi Engineering Council in Saudi Arabia 3. after registration get a letter from Saudi Engineering Council. 4. attested degree + Saudi Engineering Council letter+Application for change of profession and submit the case in Labor office to change the profession.

javedakb wrote:
manas1 wrote:

thanks for ur reply,

Sister the requirements for changing profession to engineer is,1. he have to attest his degree from Saudi Culture and Saudi Embassy in Home Country 2. He have to register in Saudi Engineering Council in Saudi Arabia 3. after registration get a letter from Saudi Engineering Council. 4. attested degree + Saudi Engineering Council letter+Application for change of profession and submit the case in Labor office to change the profession.

once he got engineering profession he can get visa in 1 or 2 days.

thanks a lot.

how much time he need to get engineer iqama ?

manas1 wrote:

how much time he need to get engineer iqama ?

having all these requirements done,profession will take around 2 weeks.

thanks again bro

And one more...

he gave his original degree certificate to the agent in nov 14 for attestation.In jan 15 he went to riyadh. but he did n't get that upto now.when he will get there that attested degree ?

manas1 wrote:

And one more...

he gave his original degree certificate to the agent in nov 14 for attestation.In jan 15 he went to riyadh. but he did n't get that upto now.when he will get there that attested degree ?

The agent can better reply to this query.

Bro. can you please tell me the criteria for attesting degree from saudi embassy and commerce in pakistan??

k.faisal wrote:

Bro. can you please tell me the criteria for attesting degree from saudi embassy and commerce in pakistan??

For Degree attestation you will be required three letters from your Company/Kafeel,

1. Letter for Saudi Culture in Pakistan
2. Letter for Saudi Embassy in Pakistan.
3. Contract Letter

All above letters should be attested by Chamber of commerce and MOFA in Saudi.

Dears,

I was in saudi arabia since last 18 years; and initially was on engineer with family residing in saudi arabia. and also registered with Saudi Engineering council with validity up to 2019.

Just before a month, I left and come back in saudi arabia on new Visa (Mechanical technician); I've reupdated my SEC with new iqama and i've submitted SEC letter to my company to change iqama with engineer profession.

After getting my new Iqama; shall I apply family visa online through MOI website OR i've to visit Istiqdam? I'm not having cultural attestion my degree, is it now needed? What's attestation required for birth certificate for child?

Many Thanks.

Where you have given your degree certificate for attestation (which agency)?

brother ,

if you are in Jeddah please try to visit ISTIQDAM OFFICE

Hi,
I have registered in SCE as a CAD Technician using my experience certificate and company recommendation letter, recently I've completed my Engineering degree and want to change my profession from CAD technician to Mechanical Engineer. Is it possible? if so please tell me the procedures for that process.

HI,
what is process and is there any dues to change profession from technician to engineer
kindly tell someone with brief

primel pious wrote:

Hi,
I have registered in SCE as a CAD Technician using my experience certificate and company recommendation letter, recently I've completed my Engineering degree and want to change my profession from CAD technician to Mechanical Engineer. Is it possible? if so please tell me the procedures for that process.

What?
How you get that degree while working?
If it is some online degree then it is useless for SCE registration.
You will not get the registration.
And if it is a proper degree then you need 5 years experience after the completion of your degree.
So, do not try to change your profession according to that degree.

Hi
Can anyone tell me is it possible to change profession from house keeping to nurse
I have all the valid documents including saudi council licence for nurse. When company transferred me from family visa to their sponsorships they made profession has Labor.
TIA

anjugeorge1084 wrote:

Hi
Can anyone tell me is it possible to change profession from house keeping to nurse
I have all the valid documents including saudi council licence for nurse. When company transferred me from family visa to their sponsorships they made profession has Labor.
TIA

And what is your company?
If it is some hospital then it will be very easy to change the profession.
Otherwise, it will be difficult.

It's a clinic not hospital

Asalam Alikum

Dear I was registered as safety officer in Saudi engineering council temporary  now its expired and I change my profession to labor and renew iqama  now I want to change it to Electrical engineering technician I have attested diploma . As its Possible

Yes it is possible.
Just follow engineering council guidelines to register and then load your new electrical diploma. They will Automatically switch you to your new profession. To change Iqama profession, your company HR has to take actions and if they are agreed, not more than 3 days, it will take.