Job offered as a Sr.Engineer in a Engineering Consultancy firm in Oman

Hello Everybody,

Hope everybody enjoys the cool climate out there in Oman, I am an Indian National currently residing in Qatar got a offer in Oman for a salary of 1800 OMR inclusive of all, What is the expected cost of living in oman, i am planning to bring my family with me i have a small kid with me 10 months old.

Hi Kumar abilash,

There are ever so many active discussions on the very same topic as yours, available in this forum.

All you have to do is to read the various posts to get an excellent idea of the cost of living in Oman.

You have to consider the tuition fees starting nursery class and house rental. That will be the most effective factors of your expenses.

Thanks for you reply Mr.Sumitran & Mr.Maz

May i know what is the approximate rent for a 1 bhk apartment in Muscat

Kumar abilash wrote:

Thanks for you reply Mr.Sumitran & Mr.Maz

May i know what is the approximate rent for a 1 bhk apartment in Muscat

Hi Kumar abilash,

The rent could be as much or as little as you choose. But typically, the flat rents would vary depending on various features and factors such as the location of the property; the age of the building; the quality and range of fittings; unfurnished, semi-furnished or full-furnished; additional facilities like reserved car parking space; 24x7 security surveillance cameras; round-the-clock maintenance and security; swimming pool, tennis courts, et al.

The rents could vary from anything between R.O. 150/- to R.O. 1,500/- per month.

It will be prudent for you to find a place close enough to your work spot.