Safe to bring a young baby to India???

Hello!!!

Ive been going out with an Indian guy from Sri Gananagar. Im living in Ireland. At the moment he cant find work in Ireland.

Its a tough situation as people are saying crazy things that if i take my son to India that i might not see him again and how important baby boys are over in India

Im very confused at to what to do. Obviously i cant risk my son. I dont want to split my family up either.

Irish people are ignorant to India as many of us havent been there before and can only believe the stories we here.

Is there any woman on this whos living in India with her baby children there? and is married or in relationship with an indian man??

Hi there, I'm George living in varna Bulgaria with my wife, I was born and bought up in mumbai and goa. My family is roman catholic,so there is no discrimination in a gender of a child, girl or boy , they are blessings from above .
But in central india and some urban/rural villages , im afraid to say but these discrimination still do exist . A boy is always better off in tha girl chid , lesser the burden they say.....
I suggest to check on the Internet about where in india do you intend to stay, and the culture andnlife stylenof the people living there.Don't panic , there is a lot if info available on the net.ciao and good luck.
Best regards,
George

Shinshines wrote:

Hello!!!

Ive been going out with an Indian guy from Sri Gananagar. Im living in Ireland. At the moment he cant find work in Ireland.

Its a tough situation as people are saying crazy things that if i take my son to India that i might not see him again and how important baby boys are over in India

Im very confused at to what to do. Obviously i cant risk my son. I dont want to split my family up either.

Irish people are ignorant to India as many of us havent been there before and can only believe the stories we here.

Is there any woman on this whos living in India with her baby children there? and is married or in relationship with an indian man??

hello dear, well its a natural task which u talked about as it happnens lots of time with foreigners mots of time that a girl marrying a boy or the boy marrying a girl.

you can do two things either you stay back in india with you husband doing a job in here. or you permanently go to ireland with ur husband gettin ga job there.

or you stay in india with ur husband working in india. and when u feel like going to ireland for monts or days then you can go to your place as a visitor.

the third point will be good as i suggest  or else dear you can talk to your nations representatives in india.

It is not about safety issue as long as you stay in a decent city. The big problem is culture shock and no quality of life. So first give a try yourself with a visit and if you like you can bring him in.

Hi There,

I am an irish guy living in Pune with my wife (english) and two kids. If you are worried about the health risks, dont... we had our second child birth here and it was a wonderful experience.

If you are moving to a major city you will have no issue at all with your concerns I think. Friends of ours with the same situation as you spent 3 years here and had no such concerns.

Hope it works out for you

I think its absolutely safe to move into any urban city...

Hi Shinshines

I am an Indian and I'll give you my frank unbiased opinion. It is somewhat true in the rural areas of India and also in many central states of India.. Our is a very family oriented society and we love to stay with our loved ones. Sometimes a near one leaving abroad is emotionally blackmailed in to staying back! Nuclear family is not much appreciated. After marriages, the bride and groom stay at the groom's house..thats in most of the cases..In a metropolitan city, people really dont care about the child being a boy or girl..The youth knows whats right and whats not! Gender discrimination is  not tolerated by young generation.

My personal suggestion would be to come and see for your self first. Then probably you will be the best judge! There is nothing like seeing the truth by the naked eye. Theres nothing like a mother's instinct! If you are staying in a cosmopolitan city, it wouldn't be much of a problem. Then if you feel comfortable with the family and the lifestyle out here in India, you can bring in your son as well..

Hope this helps.

cheers :)

If you dress like a Indian women surely Indian people definitely notice that and will respect you. Though you might be from different religion, but India is rich in culture and traditional values. Bringing up kids in the Indian culture will teach a lot of moral values. But be realistic and have common sense.