I got a job offer from a local bruneian IT company last september 2014. However, until now, my HR says that they still haven't received the Labour Form 500 approval which is one of the documents required to proceed with the Employment pass processing.
Documentation Required for Employment Visa/Pass:
• Application letter from the sponsor or employer
• Employment Pass application form
• Visa application form
• Photocopy of passport or equivalent travel document
• Employer's Labour License and
• Labour Department's Form 500
I am really upset since it has been more than 3 months since they first applied. The HR said that only agents can check the status of this Labour approval. Also Labour department is using paper process, hence the slow approval.
My question is, is this normal? Should I just look for another job instead of waiting for this?
Thank you in advance!