Travel from Birzebbgia To Velletta,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How Long do you think it takes from Birzebbgia getting the bus to St.Julians or Velletta ?

Hi Alfie,

you can just check the bus timetables!

'I think' it takes quite long ..... as you will have to change buses to get to St. Julians. Velletta , check your spelling!, is a direct bus. Depending on time and day of travel it might take up to 2 hours.

Cheers
Ricky

Ok,

Thank you Ricky, I have found an Hotel now in  Marsaskala, but just got to find out if I can have a room for 2 weeks as I am only 17.

Hi Alfie,

bus time won't make much difference !

Why shouldn't you find a hotel room for two weeks if you can pay ? They might ask for a credit card but that shouldn't be a problem .

Cheers
Ricky

Oh OK , I thought most hotels you have to be 18, the thing I am worrying about is if I get t o Malta and I cant get in the hotel, also I wont a long let after I found work so I think they wont except 17 year old, but I am 18 in June so do you think if I went in April I would be OK.,

Or maybe go in May, 4 weeks before i turn 18, I don't wont to go in June because might be hard to find a job ,

Thanks

Alfie.

Hi Alfie,

there do seem to be a lot of if's and when's and maybe's iand 'do you think ' in your plans!

If you don't find a job in June,July or August you probably won't find work anyway.

Cheers
Ricky

The bus from birzebuggia to Valletta takes about 50 mins and to st Julian's your looking 40 mins traffic dependent .

I don't think one can have a credit card unless aged 18+, so maybe a slight problem?

Plan a bus journey route:  http://www.publictransport.com.mt/searchresults

Timetables:
Winter: http://www.publictransport.com.mt/wintertime
Summer: http://www.publictransport.com.mt/summertime

However, the bus company has recently been taken over and new routes are scheduled to be introduced so keep your eyes open.
(I don't think it's going to happen too soon though.)

Alfie, I'll be straight with you. Wait until you are 18 years of age.
Use the time before then to do more research and make a plan.
Then make a contingency plan, just in case the plan goes wrong.
Save more money in the meantime.
I have also PM'd you.

i agree with redmik on this Alfie , you will find things so much easier when your 18 ,and its not like you have to wait very long.
I understand you want to get things moving as soon as possible and i admire your tenacity but you don't want to come to Malta and be unable to rent a house etc because they don't consider you an adult.

Alfie, just done some looking around and I advise you to read all of this:

If you are over 14 but under 18, you can enter into a credit or hire purchase agreement if an adult acts as your guarantor.

You cannot usually be legally held to a contract you make when you are under 18. (So very very rare for any contract to be made with anyone under 18 years of age.)

And, if you apply for a credit card when you are under 18, you will have your application turned down.

Now this is UK Law but I imagine the same is true on Malta. A hotel room and hotel services, which, unless you are paying cash, you will not be able to get as you will not have a credit card. It is common for credit card details to be taken as a form of guarantee that any bills will be paid. (Not just in Malta.)

How will you book anything without a credit card?

With all that you are planning best wait until you are 18 years old and have a credit card.

A Visa Debit card (or Mastercard backed debit card ) will suffice for booking a hotel pretty much anywhere in the world, we only use Debit cards as we don't possess credit cards.
However all the comments above are sensible, wait till you are eighteen!

Ray