Working for ADEC

Hi. I'm still going through the process of hiring with Footprints for teaching ESL in Abu Dhabi. I started the process in Nov 2014, had a skype-telephone interview with Footprints on 12 Dec 2014, then had to submit a whole lotta documents, received a fairly large amount of info from them about Abu Dhabi, teaching there, school set-up, etc. Now I have an in-person interview with ADEC on 26 Jan here in South Africa, where I currently reside. Footprints has been very helpful & have given me a set of questions I would most likely be asked, to research & prepare for. After reading about ADVETI in this forum, I'm sure glad to be working for ADEC! However, would appreciate some helpful info from those who are already working for ADEC, especially as to what to look out for in the interview with them. Boy, those questions Footprints gave me are seriously hectic...

I am currently in the process as well although for an administrative position. Do you mind sharing the questions that they shared with you. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi, I m before worked in ADEC, I can tell u 1things, very friendly staff there, in that school u will learn many things, when I m working there I feel same family,there disciplines in the rule , should be careful but sure friendly staff

Hey fella,
When is your in person...I'm trying for an Administrative position as well.

I don't know yet....I chose Feb 9-11 in NYC but my recruiter hasn't confirmed anything yet. You???

I'm trying to get two interviews..
Got one in NYC on 2/14 for IAT...
Trying to get pushed also on 2/11 for ADEC....waiting recruiter to see if ADEC will accept my application and schedule interview

What is IAT???

The career and technolgy schools....Institute of Applied Technology

Oh! Ok! Well if you here anything let me know and if I hear anything I will let you know. Do you have any insight into the questions that they might ask?

Cool beans
Ok...two cats from Atlanta that are from my home town are over there....
I may hit them up and see what questions they remembered

Cool! Are they administrators? Where are you located?

Columbia  SC

One is a VP...
The works at the ADEC head quarters as a Cluster Manger. ...kinda like an Asst Sup

Cool! I appreciate the "hook up"!!! Good luck moving forward.... Are you a principal now?

Have been a middle and high school principal. .now I'm director at an Alternative School. .

What about you

I've been a AP at a high school but have been a turnaround principal for the past 5 years in two different states. Been in Atlanta for the past 2 years.

Got the word yesterday that I have an interview in New York on the 10th.

Cool beams..and Good luck
I just got notified by email that I have one too...just don't when for ADEC.  I might not be able to make it though since I'm already scheduled to go to NYC on Sat for the other program....

Talk my partner late last too...he said in interview focus on patience..patience..flexibility and build RELATIONSHIPS

Are you with Teachaway or Footprints?

Footprints....I appreciate the insight!!!! I think that once you interview you hear back pretty quickly within a few days.....Have you heard the same thing or know that to be true?

Well I have heard it can take two or 3 weeks.
I hope it's soon cause its so many things you have to work to prepare to go.
Yeah I'm with footprints for ADEC.....were dealing with Allison Flavel?

Ok..Yes, she is my contact person as well. I agree its a lot to do and I have a lot going on. My fiancé just gave birth Monday night so Im trying to juggle all of this and we are probably going to have to move our wedding date WAY UP so that they will sponsor her. I know that throughout this process I am going to have to learn to be more patient but twitting on EVERYTHING is going to kill me!!!

Congrats Bruh on the babe. ...I got 3...
Maybe yall can do a quick private wedding and do a nice receptIon later.
Yeah them I here once you get the offer it takes a while to authenticate all documents and wait for final confirmation to go...like 3 months or so..

I have 3 as well but only 1 will be coming with me. Question: Did your friends in Abu Dhabi have an in person interview or a video conference. I didn't catch it at first but my invitation stated that my interview would be a video conference with two staff members. I prefer face to face but it is what it is.

I saw some teachers on FB say video coference..was a lil suprised at that....
I wonder if mine for IAT will be video too..hope not..
actually did a prescreening with Teachaway for ADEC. .the prescreening was a video conference pre recorded question deal....for what ever reason I didn't get moved on with them.....was shocked...and applied and did the phone interview with footprints and hence got the in person. ....
Say all that to say..I hope it's not that same format...and on mine...the answers were timed. ..

WOW!!! We shall see. I'll let you know how it goes. Also, did your friends get a housing allowance. I read somewhere (but not sure if its true) that admin gets housing but not the allowance....I hope thats not true. I would ask Alison but I don't want to seem to presumptuous....

The allowance is fine...you pick your own place within the allowance budget
IAT does allowance and say it's more then enough to cover...
I think they select the housing for teachers and pay...they dont get allowance

Man I hope some kinda Allison calls me and I can slip in a interview in 2/11....then I'd just stay there until my 2/14 interview. ..really don't want to by another ticket. ..
she said my submission to ADEC was late so they probably going try and get me to come to Chicago or Houston the following week which I more then likely won't be able to make

Yeah I made my arrangements tonight...that ticket was no joke..$500!!! It was like 240 a month ago but they wait until the last minute...between the time off, ticket, hotel, food..damn near 1000. I better blow this interview out the water:)

As far as the allowance goes...I was talking about the 5500 that they give teachers after ADEC gives them their apartments......I am not sure how the allowance for leaders go but I would love to get that as well.

Yeah man i cant buy anotherticket...
.I dont think leaders get that....guess cause salary so much higher. ..
Now for IAT leaders do get it....

Just got my venue info for the IAT interview. Looks like it will be an actual in person with an IAT representative.
Allison still has not gotten back to yet with an time for ADEC interview, however like I said yesterday, more then likely I won't be able to make it if they can't squeeze me in in NYC...I already got my ticket for the 2/14 interview.  Did you do name your price for your ticket on price line? I got one for $187 from Charlotte to NYC...

Congrats. I just bought a ticket straight up because I didn't want to take a chance of not getting a flight time that I wanted.  Made a lot of connections. Check out the Facebook page's.They have a lot of information. Took off today to work on the questions that I think they might ask. I definitely want to have a game plan......

Yeah its a few groups on face book I have been looking at... They almost all say what my partner said...flexibility & patience
Did any groups give any specific questions for admin?
From what I'm told the pre-screening questions are very similar to IPI questions....
I thought the footprints interview was fairly through.....

My friend who teaches over there was able to connect me with an assistant principal for ADEC. Here is what she told me to focus on or what she remembers about her interview......

Past/current Professional/Responsibilities
Classroom Observations:
Difficult Situation with Teacher:
ADEC New School Model
Why are you pursuing this endeavor and willing to leave your current position?
What strengths/abilities do you believe you possess that will add value to ADEC/employees of your school?
What are the qualities of a good leader in your opinion
How will you address leading/working with employees who have culture/language that may be different from your own?

Man that sounded like my Footprints interview!

Of course know something about the Culture of the area....
I remember they tried see if I knew about the Western region by asking would I be comfortable working there.......rattled off some things I knew already about that region..one important one is that they want to make sure the outermost Western region is getting the same quality and good people to enhance their kids success..

Mine too.......Im not so much worried. What I have found is that we do this so much to the point where we doing really talk about it....It is not until we are asked that we REALIZE we do all of these things naturally and without pause. The toughest part is articulating it in a way that others feel your passion. My only doubt is that I hate the Skype interview BUT because I got snowed in for my Atlanta interview, I ended up doing a conference call and I got this job so I guess things could be worst:) LOL

Yeah, I remember that question as well. Although, and don't quote me...because health care is not as good there, they don't like to place families which small kids there so that might be a plus. I could do Abu Dhabi or Al Ain. I would have to grin and bear it out in the western region....

Man you a pro then if you got the ATL gig on a conference call!  That's what up.  Where were you coming from?
Yeah we do alot and it's tough at times to present it so all really understand what we juggle and implement daily. Also, I'm sure they have in mind what there looking for....if they want a red head chic..we could ace the interview and no dice...

Yeah I kinda got that from a teacher that was their on FB saying it wasn't as good.  Yeah, I would prefer Al Ain, AD, and even Dubai (IAT has schools there too)....Al Ain would be my first choice tho....has alot, but cheaper...

This whole thing is ironic because when I had my second son, I interviewed for Principal in Virginia the next day. I literally was still wearing the hospital arm band in the interview. Now my daughter is born and I am interviewing next week....Its very similar. I was coming from Virginia when i interviewed for APS....I have heard that they are looking for some men but I don't know how truthful that is.....All I know is that the Principals and APs make the same so Im good with either one. Im just going to enjoy the time off because in APS I work 12 months a year and most of the time that the teachers have off, I still have to work or come back early....More money, less days, less responsibility = winning!!!