Muslims in Prague

Hello ,
Is it safe for muslim hijabi girls to visit Prague ? Is Prague influenced in any way by the incidents in France ?

Thanks

I think the Czechs have overall negative attitude towards Islam, but at the same time, they are tolerant. Noone will attack you because you are wearing hijab.

Honestly, we Czech are mostly atheist and I don't really think that muslim girls would be in danger here.
Eventhough we do not support your faith, we aren't bigoted either.

Thank u guys for replying :)

Hello, im Muslim too but Im not wearing lhijab, any way im living in Prague so don't worry about that its safe no one gonna distrub u.

Hey!!
I moved here a few years ago .. Prague that is .. and in desperate need to find some girls to meet,hang out.. shop.. I did visit some Mosques .. but its so hard to meet new people! everyone is kind of doing their own thing I guess.. anyway … please let me know of any groups/meetings/ anything .. to get to know some girls .. are there any volunteer groups of any kind for muslims..anything?! It seems like there aren't many Muslims in Prague or if there are .. they sure are hiding .. thanks!
-Malika

Hello
  In Prague there's any kind of troubles. ....you can have your hijjab and enjoy your time. ....I m living in Prague so you are welcome anytime.

Thank u :)

Hello Princess! 😊 In Prague we are very tolerant to other cultures and used for ar. women wearing hijab. If you have more questions just send me a message.
Michaela

Hello Malika, to be honest I dont think that women living here wear hijab, I have some friends from ar. countries.. If some do so they are not sociable.
Michaela

asalamualaikum,

crystalianike wrote:

asalamualaikum,

Hello, this is an Anglophone forum.  Please post in English only here, as mentioned in the Czech Republic forum Code of Conduct.

Also, one word responses are hardly a contribution to the topic of discussion  :whistle:

Thank you kindly

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

crystalianike wrote:

asalamualaikum,

Peace be upon you too.
Perhaps a nice introduction would be a good idea.

When did you move there? My sister will be coming to Prague to study medical next month, are you still there in Prague. Please let me know.

Thanks

You will be safe, no question about that...you might get some looks from time to time.

Hi,

Im muslim and i was wondering if there are any shops for a nice dress (caftan, hijabs etc..)

Shokran!