Marriage with a brazilian lady

Hi Sir,

I got married to a Brazilian woman living in Brazil while I'm living in Pakistan, I got married by proxy which was held in Pakistan,I sent documents to Embassy of brazil to prove that is  containing Nadra marriage certificate and true english translation of the marriage certificate, Is there anyone can tell me about the value of this proxy, Can i apply permanent visa for Brazil through this marriage certificate? please answer me quickly

Hello qais khan,

While the Brazilian government does recognize as legal, proxy marriages to Brazilian citizens, that are performed in Brazil and in Paraguay. It is unclear if they also recognize proxy marriages performed in any other countries. You would need to contact the Consulado-Geral do Brazil in Islamabad present the documents to them for analysis for them to make a determination as to the legal validity of such a marriage. Generally speaking and marriages of Brazilian citizens abroad must be registered with the Consulado in that country, and this may ONLY be done in person by the Brazilian citizen spouse.

In your particular case I do not believe the marriage would be acceptable for the purposes of immigration to Brazil.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

thank you James

God Bless You

Hi James if the girl do proxy marriage in Brazil will it be acceptable ? example she present in marriage office and do proxy marriage ?

The problem with the idea of a Proxy Marriage is that YOU have to be in Brazil to arrange it. BOTH the bride and groom-to-be must be present at the Cartório to do all the documentation for the marriage. It is ONLY THE WEDDING itself that is performed without one or both of the parties being present. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

ok cool thanks