Moving to Germany

Hi myself and partner are hoping to move to dusseldorf from England. We have began applying for jobs in the area. Im a mechanical inspector\engineer. I have a higher national cerificate in mechanical engineering  (hnc) i also have experience and qualifications in fabrication and welding. My partner have a ba honours degree in disability studies and work within a school for children with behaviour and emotional problems. Also experience working within many special schools for various disability. also getting her tefl. What we want to know is what are the chances of us getting work and would it be a risk moving without work but with enough money to keep us living for 2\3 months. Maybe other cities might be better? Any info helps.

Regards sean

Hiring cycles (as well as termination notice periods) are long in Germany. Coming with resources to survive only 2 - 3 months will not be enough, because that's the time you need in the best possible case!

Thanks for the reply would you say 6 months then? Do you think we should be okay for work?

Regards

6 months definitely gives you more room for the less-than-optimal case.
There are too many factors influencing your chances to find work in any period for me to make a prediction.
But without (good) German language skills, your chances are of course less-than-optimal. Do you at least have higher education (university degree or equivalent) plus applicable work experience?