Cost of living in Oman for Mexicans

Hi everybody:

I have a job offer by 2400 OMRs monthly, accomodation, utilities, meal, health services, etc must pay by me, my question is if this rate is ok, the idea is save more than 50% of my salary, I will be by 8 months, just one person, average lifestyle.

Best regards and thanks in advance

Hi pceronn,

Medicals are on you ? It is the employer's responsibility to provide medical insurance for their employees. It is mandatory by law. Have it clarified.

Else, once the initial setting-up of your house is done, and given your lifestyle, you could save up to 75% of your monthly income - being single.

House rent would be your single biggest expenditure. The second would go for transportation, followed by food, living expenses, entertainment ...

Hi Sumitran:

Thank you by your quick answer and advise, I didn't know that by law they must provide me medical services, on the other hand, please if you confirm me if like expats we don't pay any tax of our salary and/or fees for entrance or exit in Oman.

Regards

Hi pceronn,

Oman is 100% tax-free for all employees. So what you earn will be all yours. Entirely.

This is possibly the primary reason why the Middle East is such a preferred destination for the millions of expatiates working here, and for the millions more who are trying hard to get a job here.

There is a fee for entering Oman. It varies between nationaliies. For details, please look it up online.

There is no fee to be paid while exiting the Sultanate.

Dear pceronn,

How many years of exp u have and which sector are you going to work? This is just to have an idea on the salary levels?

Hi, I am a systems engineer with 20 years of experience implementing OSS/BSS solutions in the Telecommunications industry.

I appreciate your feedback, thanks in advance

pceronn wrote:

Hi, I am a systems engineer with 20 years of experience implementing OSS/BSS solutions in the Telecommunications industry.

I appreciate your feedback, thanks in advance

If you have professional Engineering status and have worked in hardcore engineering sector for 20 years, the offered salary (In general) is less. If they would have provided you all the facilities, like housing/car/house furnishing etc etc....  I would have said a Yes.

Hi:

Thank you by your advise, they are not including utilities, etc.

am verry happy for what i just reed today this what i saw make my mind come down to normal level am from nigeria and prepier to go oman please wish me good luck.

hi
I think this is good offer

Best Regards

adebayo iwo wrote:

am verry happy for what i just reed today this what i saw make my mind come down to normal level am from nigeria and prepier to go oman please wish me good luck.

Best of luck "Adebayo"

Dear ....
it is very good offer. ...
u can save RO1600/-month.
Hav a good day n enjoy ....
with regards,
James
968-95079164

Hi All:

Thank you. On the other hand please if you can tell me about the costs of living (Furnished apartment with max. 2 rooms, Light, LP Gas, Water, Cable, Cellphone)  near of the Lulu Shopping Center, Seeb, Muscat Governorate Seeb and/or what is the recommended zone to living with a very good cost/benefit and being near of my working place. May be someone can share an apartment with me, rent a room, etc. If I accept the contract I must be in Oman, Muscat at the middle of February 2015.

Regards and thanks in advance