Staying in The Gambia with my fiancee

Last month I visited The Gambia, and I got engaged with my darling. Its a nice country, and I can go their as a tourist visa-free, up to 90 days, if I am correct.  How can I renew my visa to stay longer? I just wonder how to get a long term stay permit, I guess when we are married then its less of a problem to get a permit. And can I also work in there, such as doing voluntairy work as a teacher?

We have to decide where our future will be, a couple of years in The Gambia, or preparing to move to Europe, which is not easy nowadays, cause of many regulations.
Does someone have any idea?
Thank you for your advice. Have a nice day.

Hello, congratulations on your engagement.
From my knowledge getting a permit /visa extension are not difficult to obtain. You can go to the immigration at Senegambia ,or I went to the Serekunda police station,and pay 1,500dal,i think.
Definitely you have to go in with your passport.
My sister friend is an immigration officer, if you wish I would be willing to ask her about cost and feed back to you.
Regards
Niceness

Thank you Niceness for your kind information and your congretulations.                               

As a dutch citizen I can stay up to 90 days without visum, I believe.                                  Can the Serekunda policestation give me an extention on my visa, when I am in The Gambia, if I need that? And how long is that extention?

I guess in order to get a permanent stay permit, I have to go to the immigration at Senegambia itself. Is it helpfull when I teach english as a volunteer at a shool, or is it just a matter of money to get a permanent stay permit? Living, staying and providing for my fiancee, is that a valid reason enough to get a permanent permit too, plus paying for it?                       

I guess when we marry (and we will get married sooner or later) then a permanent stay permit can be easier obtained, but can I also get a permanent permit on the basis of my engagement alone?

It is to early now to put permit movements in motion, and the need to ask assistence from a immigration officer. I am now orientating myself. Thank you very much for offering all the information and possible help. I will be planning at first to go on a short holiday trip to the beautiful The Gambia, and talk it over with my lady.
Any information you can give me at forehand is more then welcome, so I can take the necessary visa- and permanent permit steps when it is needed.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Regards.
Dutchman56

Dear Niceness, thank you for your kind information and your congretulations.                               

As a dutch citizen I can stay up to 90 days without visum, I believe. Can the Serekunda policestation give me an extention on my visa if I need that? And how long is that extention?

I guess in order to get a permanent stay permit, I have to go to the immigration at Senegambia itself. Is it helpfull when I teach english as a volunteer at a shool, or is it just a matter of money to get a permanent stay permit? Living, staying and providing for my fiancee, is that a valid reason enough to get a permanent permit too, plus paying for it?                       I guess when we marry (and we will get married sooner or later) then a permanent stay permit can be easier obtained, but can I also get a permit on the basis of my engagement alone?

It is to early now to put permit movements in motion,and the need to ask the possible assistence from a immigration officer. I am now orientating myself. Thank you very much for offering all the information and possible help.I am orientating and I will be planning to go on a short holiday trip to the beautiful The Gambia, and talk it over with my lady.
Any information you can give me at forehand is more then welcome, so I can take the necessary permit steps when it is needed.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Regards.
Dutchman56

Hello Dutchman,
I tried calling my friend but cannot get through on the phone no i have, so i am unable to give you more information.
I cannot answer anymore if your questions about the Gambian immigration procedures but i as I have said I know that at Senegambia tourist  and Serekunda police station you will get an extension because this is where I did my own as recent as four months ago.
Since your partner is Gambian ,and living there why can't she go and to find out the information that you need about renewal of your passport,along with answer to your other questions. Seems to me the best way forward.
Good luck..maybe when you are sorted, you should post so that others will know what is required.