Visa Cancellation

Hi silentseeker,

It is quite evident that in your company, things have not been going on as per the labour laws of the land. This by itself is reason enough for the sponsor to find himself in trouble with the Ministry of Manpower and with the ROP.

Contact your local embassy immediately and report your employer / sponsor. You have delayed it long enough. Delaying this any further would help you in no way.

Hello friend Sumitran,

Friend it is okay for me to go directly to Royal Oman Police and report them since I also dont have a Labour Card, Im going back country anyway because I think its much faster if I go to ROP than to my Slowass Embassy, sorry.

By the way thank you for answering my question, more power to you and Godbless.

Hi everyone, pls com to my rescue
I'm Maryam frm Nigeria i was brought to Oman in December as a care giver nurse tru an agent, Nd my patient has died since last month.
My boss is now using me for house maid job which is more dan my strength I can't cope again. Nd He reduced my salary to housemaid salary with stressful work
Nd I told him to give me my documents to look for work outside or tak me bck to my country,but he refused to listen to me. Afterall aff worked for him for 6 months.
Pls help me!!! What can I do?
Pls reply me as soon as possible 🙏🙏

I dont know whrere to ask or to gain information regarding about thi

Adding up what Mr Sumitran has stated, your passport would be the base document where your work visa is stamped. You don't have a contract, nor a resident card, you still have your passport stamped with a work visa through which the immigration has allowed you to enter the country. You must approach your Embassy and explain to them your current scenario. The embassy is your best source of solutionising the matter.

silentseeker wrote:

Hello friend Sumitran,

Friend it is okay for me to go directly to Royal Oman Police and report them since I also dont have a Labour Card, Im going back country anyway because I think its much faster if I go to ROP than to my Slowass Embassy, sorry.

By the way thank you for answering my question, more power to you and Godbless.

Hi silentseeker,

If you go directly to the ROP, you may not be given a patient hearing or even a hearing at all.

But if you go through the official channels of your country's embassy, then you would be treated better and your case would be given its due since the official protocols would have to be maintained.

Akorede Maryam wrote:

Hi everyone, pls com to my rescue
I'm Maryam frm Nigeria i was brought to Oman in December as a care giver nurse tru an agent, Nd my patient has died since last month.
My boss is now using me for house maid job which is more dan my strength I can't cope again. Nd He reduced my salary to housemaid salary with stressful work
Nd I told him to give me my documents to look for work outside or tak me bck to my country,but he refused to listen to me. Afterall aff worked for him for 6 months.
Pls help me!!! What can I do?
Pls reply me as soon as possible 🙏🙏

Hi Akorede Maryam,

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Taking up an employment overseas through agents are always fraught with risks.

As an expatriate employee, you do have your rights. And if your rights are being compromised, you can report about your sponsor to the Ministry of Manpower and also to the ROP. Do so without wasting further time, if you want to get out of your nightmare sooner.

So many horrendous stories around. I never thought Oman would go to a decline like that.  It's certainly a disaster for the innocent people to work for idiot Omani employers (especially individuals).

To all such people who're suffering from such conditions, do not wait for a secret miracle to happen. Immediately consult your respected embassies and report such cases. If you've resources, utilize them and even approach ROP. God bless ya'all.

Thanks so much sumitran,
I tot of dis too but,no freedom for mi at all
Jst lik a prisoner.
I can't go out at all
Pls wu are d ROP?
Nd d worth case is dt my country don't aff embassy here🤦‍♀️

Omani are d most wicked human being aff ever met!
If I had known I wunt aff accept dis offer 😩
I also tink of reporting my case to the authority but , no freedom to move out of d compound.

Hi Hi Akorede Maryam,

CALL 9999 - "The emergency hotline 9999 is the Sultanate's emergency number, and is in operations around the clock for callers."

CALL 112 - "Not a new emergency number for the country, but is an existing International number in case of low network coverage. With regards to the number 112, it is an international emergency number that is fixed onto all mobiles and tablets. The number works in the event of low network coverage, and would forward the phone call to the local emergency hotline of the country where the individual is asking for help."

The above is quoted from the published official news reports.

Hello friends,

Its been a while but I want to give update and as well as ask a question, because when I go to Police to complain my company they told me to go to Manpower but before that happens I already file a complain to the Manpower thru online and then yesterday I receive a feedback from Manpower that I have a Investigation session but sad to say it is on July 30 and I still have to wait for more than 30 days.

Now my sponsor got notified also about this but I dont know if it is from Manpower or from other people who like gossiping to the boss, and he said I will make you Labour card because he said I cannot go without it just like what Friend Sumitran said.

And now my question is can I go smoothly after I get my Labour card, there will not be problem to the airport, because maybe I would not be able to go because I have Investigation Session to Manpower which is still on July 30.

Thank you,

Hi silentseeker,

Just like how you were informed by the MoM about the enquiry, your sponsor / employer would have been informed likewise.

Also, the hearing would not be immediate since the MoM officials would be busy with the many other pending cases, as well as they would have to give the concerned parties enough time to prepare for the said enquiry. So the hearings would always be after a minimum waiting period only.

Now you have the upper hand because your sponsor / employer would be taken to task by the Ministry of Manpower for not following the labour laws. Why would you want to throw it all away and leave the country ?

But if you have decided to leave, then at least make sure that your employer pays for your return ticket home, plus settles all your pending outstandings and unpaid salaries.

Given the fix that your complaint would have put him in, your sponsor / employer would happily do so.

Dis number yu sent are dy to be called for free or discharges wil be required?
I'm thinking of appear in person cos I still aff some complain to lodge.

Hi i am Abdul Azeez. Staying in Oman. My 2 year agreement will get end on August 24'2018. When i joined my present company i joined by giving NOC of my previous employee. Now i have opportunity in another company. So will my present company will give NOC if i ask. Some of my friend said it's mandatory that my present company should provide NOC since i joined with NOC.
Can anyone suggest me on this.

Hi azeez45ec,

The information given by your friend is incorrect,

Your employer is in no way obliged to give you the NOC.

Hi,

I got job from oman. I need to go to oman.  But past 4 years back I was work and not cancellation of my visa.

Can I go to oman

@liverpoollfc hi. Can they cancel my visa without my physical presence and just continue my stay in Oman? If yes, Can they blacklist me?

Hello @missfortun8,

This thread has been inactive for a long time now. Should you have any questions, feel free to create a new discussion on the Oman forum explaining your situation.

Cheers,

Vero
Expat.com team