Marriage Visa

So, as you know there is ALOT of forums about this topic I'm seeing, but it really doesn't answer my question, or I'm just not understanding this correctly. As of now I'm still currently in the United States. We wanted to get married in Brazil and do all the process there. Not even go back home. Just finish everything there. I want to know how this works if I do it all in Brazil. Maybe in Rio to be exact. I know it can take a few months to a year. How would this work? Would he get his green card for the US? Would it be best if stayed in Rio for the whole process or I must go back home and file for him? I've done quiet a bit a research, but I want to know if I'm doing the right thing. I'm coming in as a B-2 Visa.

atsou200 wrote:

hi

Do you have some information regarding marriage visa for USA ??

If so then please post the information here. If not then please do not post at all. 

Before you post any reply on the forum please read the topic being discussed. I also suggest that you read the terms and conditions of this forum which you can find at the bottom of this page. 

And please be aware that this forum is not a dating or matrimonial site.

Thank you.

If you are already a US native,    I am pretty sure you will need to file a cr-1  it is the easiest  way. It will take time but when your spouse arrives in the US  he will get his green card within 4 weeks.  No status adjustment  needed. It has to be done at the embassy in their country. I would check to see if I am correct but I have been trying to get information  for the last month on what I have to do to get my fiance to the USA and every website i go to says the same thing. Good luck to you both.

NicoleAyedi wrote:

If you are already a US native,    I am pretty sure you will need to file a cr-1  it is the easiest  way. It will take time but when your spouse arrives in the US  he will get his green card within 4 weeks.  No status adjustment  needed. It has to be done at the embassy in their country. I would check to see if I am correct but I have been trying to get information  for the last month on what I have to do to get my fiance to the USA and every website i go to says the same thing. Good luck to you both.

Fiancee and spouse are two different visas, both taking more than a year at this point.

First of all if you enter the USA on a B2 Visa with the intention of getting married, that would be considered immigrations fraud since you actually require a K1 Fiancee Visa. The end result could be a ban from entering the USA again for up to 10 years. If you do get married in the USA on a B2 then you have the very difficult task of PROVING to USCIS that it was not your intention to marry when you entered the country.

See the following for information about K1 Visas:  http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-c … ncee-visas

If you marry in Brazil the US spouse would need to go through all of the bureaucracy that foreigners face in order to marry here. Then you'd need to apply for an IR1 or CR1 Immigrant Visa, this is a very long process.

Also, you must be aware of the fact that marriage to a US citizen, in itself, carries absolutely no guarantee that permanency would be granted. Unlike here in Brazil where it imparts a constitutional right to permanency.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

djgirl wrote:

So, as you know there is ALOT of forums about this topic I'm seeing, but it really doesn't answer my question, or I'm just not understanding this correctly. As of now I'm still currently in the United States. We wanted to get married in Brazil and do all the process there. Not even go back home. Just finish everything there. I want to know how this works if I do it all in Brazil. Maybe in Rio to be exact. I know it can take a few months to a year. How would this work? Would he get his green card for the US? Would it be best if stayed in Rio for the whole process or I must go back home and file for him? I've done quiet a bit a research, but I want to know if I'm doing the right thing. I'm coming in as a B-2 Visa.

You need to follow the info from James, a true Brazil Expert.

Thanks for the vote of confidence mugtech! It means a lot.

Cheers,

James wrote:

Thanks for the vote of confidence mugtech! It means a lot.

Cheers,

My pleasure.

is he an american? you asked"will he get his green card" so i think the ansqwer is No, but i wanted to ask again just to clarify ...

and .. it seems like you're not american nor green card holder too, cause you're asking about b2 visa ... so please tell me which one of you is american/ green card holder .. bcuz if none of you is, then you're not eligible for citizenship/GC and it doesn't matter where you marry.

I'm the american citizen, born here. My only problem is his I-94 just expired, he came here legally. We got married back on april 2016. It's not his first time coming here. We have evidence to show that this was not a fraud. I wasn't able to sponsor him on time because lack of income.

Im kenyan living in Kenya  and my fiance is a USA citizen. I happen to have a B1 Visa and we will be getting married here in kenya. Do i have to go back to the Embassy to request for marriage visa or can i process everything in USA since my visa is still valid. Advice please.

You are correct a person  who has a visa and intention to marry the boyfriend for green card that is a sham marriage fraud is a crime and booth go to jail