Visa

hello!
i have just returned to berlin as i fell in love with the city a few months ago. i am looking at getting a working holiday visa but have heard it can be difficult to obtain once in germany. has anyone applied for it whilst in germany? any advice would be much appreciated! thanks!

If it is too hard there, then you can try it in Holland:)

Hello.

i have just joined this websit and i can tell you that i am in the same boat and have been chasing all kinds of visas here in Europe, mainly in Germany as this is where i have my girlfriend but over the past 4 months i have discovered many things that if i share them with you here it could save you a lot of time running around like i have been doing.

unfortunatly i dont think it is at all possible to obtain a Working Holiday Visa now once you have already returned to germany, it must be done in Austrlia before you leave.

but what i have found out is:   that it is possible to get a Working Holiday visa for The Netherland even once you are in the country, and because all of the the EU has open boarders it means that you can apply for a WHV in the Netherlands and then stay in Berlin.  this is what i am doing.  the visa itself is very easy to obtain, you just need proof of money to live on for 6 weeks, at 38 Euros a day and also proof of enough money to buy a ticket back to OZ or that you already have a ticket back to Oz.  altogether it is about $3,500AU that you need. you need health insurance and what could be the hardest thing, an address for postal purposes.

the visa can be applied for at the IND offices in The Netherlands, there are 7 of them across the country.#

the other option that you have is that you can do an intergation course in the german language, this allows you to stay in germay for a max of 9 months and must be done through a school that offers German intergration Courses.  you need to take the proof that you are inrolled in such a course to your local Ausländerbehurde (town hall place)

otherwise, try find work, but i have discovered that this is the hardest of all to do!!!

Good luck!