What is missing?

Everywhere I have lived abroad there is always something that is important that one can only find in the U.S.  In Buenos Aires it seems computers were many times more expensive than in the U.S. 
In Colombia, a friend bought women's purses at Ross for about $20 because they cost move than $100 in Bogota.
So, now that I am going to Medellin, Colombia (and have lost touch with my old friend) what is
some items that Paisa's want from the U.S.?
Also, are books and magazines easy to buy in English?  My Spanish is OK but reading in Spanish is another story.
Thanks
Bonitaootz

BONITAOOTZ wrote:

are books and magazines easy to buy in English?  My Spanish is OK but reading in Spanish is another story.

Dear Mrs. Ootz,

It's clear you'll enjoy reading in your native language.  However, the availability of hard-cover books in English is problematic in South American countries.  Some bookstores in major cities carry travel books in English and catch-as-catch-can other titles, but it's not really enough for someone who considers herself a reader.

The best selection of English-language books for overseas Expats these days is via the Internet.

You can order "un monton de libros" -- up to ten at a time -- for about ten bucks a month from Amazon Kindle Unlimited's subscription service.  An even wider selection is available from Amazon at market rates.

You don't need to invest in hardware, as the vendor can provide you with a free Kindle reader.

cccmedia, EEUU, Quito Ecuador

Forget books get a kindle app on your ipad , and thats it ... If u live on the beach, or want to read outside alot , get a kindle as there is no reflection !