Need details about Social Visit Visa

Hi All,

I am from India, working in Malaysia with work visa for 2 years. As per new rule about salary, i cannot bring my wife on dependent visa. I think of social visit visa for 3 months. May I know how to get a social visit visa for atleast 3 months stay in malaysia without exiting country for every 1 month.

Thanks,
Kiran

What is the new rule for dependent visa? Can you throw some light on it buddy?

Hi Kumar May i know ur salary?? as per my knowledge if you are having EP, your wife can get dependent visa.

Thanks,

Apply - Get turned down - Appeal

I dont think Kiran is on an EP - that is the problem that was predicted.

Therefore, one potential angle for an appeal would be that under an EP, which has a minimum salary of RM5k per month to qualify for dependent status (bearing in mind students dont have have to prove any income to get the same status for some family members) is having a rule that discriminates in terms of a higher salary.

However, it could well be that the EP terms and conditions have also had the goal posts moved.

Hi Gravitas,

I have Employment Pass for 2 years. But the basic of the salary should be 5000 or more to apply for Dependent Visa as per new rule. My salary is 5000 but my basic is 4700 and 300 as fixed allowance. Like my consultancy many companies asking immigration department to consider fixed allowance too to provide accessibility for many employees to bring their dependents. We were eagerly waiting for their decision.

So guys who are all coming on low salaries, please verify your basic of the salary and the letter which was to be sent to immigration from your company (Immigration form from your company).

Right now I planning to bring my wife on Visit Visa, so i am finding how my wife can live with me more time without exiting the country for every 30 days which was the limit set by immigration for visit visas...

Thanks,
Kiran

Or make sure u get a basic salary higher than 5000 :-) its not worth it to come here for lower salaries, especially if u r married. better off staying in india.

I'm confused - is the new minimum for dependent pass RM5k or RM6k?  Or is there no NEW limit, as it always was RM5k.  Just keep going Kiran because your company can always adjust their salary structure to assist you, can't they.