Driving License in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone,

I recently joined a company in Abu Dhabi. Now the my visa process has completed and have my Emiriates ID and Medical insurance card with me. Now I want to start my driving license process. Can anyone please let me know the steps to get this i.e. procedure, required documents, cost, time duration etc.

Thanks in Advance

Abu Hamzah

Documents to bring for the joining of Driving Classes and Opening a File:- (Mussaffah, Khalifa, Muroor Police Station 7:30 am – 8:00 pm)

1.    2 Passport Copies or Emirates ID Card Copy.
2.    Residence Visa Copy.
3.    Existing Driving License Copy.
4.    2 Photos.
5.    NOC Letter from the employer ( Arabic ).
6.    Eye Test Report.
7.    Original Emirates ID Card.

Every file has a validity of 6 months, which can be renewed for a fee of 50-100 AED.

Muroor only for file opening and collecting the license, rest all process will be in EDC Mussafah.

Thanks for the reply brother. I have no existing driving license. My home country driving license has expired last year. Can you please let me know from where I can get done my eye test. Also, can I open file from Musaffah or it can be done only from Maroor.

Regards,

You can start in Mussaffah...Eye test can be done within the same building..if you have valid driving license(ur home country's) you can get direct road test..visit the school in Mussaffah...

any one knows a good private driving instructor to practice with before the final road test?

Thanks!

Kareem - 0506709156

Thanks so much! Will contact him later.

Also, is it on the rule now that practice driving can only be done in Musaffah?

I actually spoke to one colleague in the office and told me that practice now is only allowed in Musaffah. Before i see people practicing, they are being picked up by the instructor even in front of their home and drop also at the same place after the practice. Just asking since going to Musaffah is really expensive and tiring at the same time.

Thanks!