Getting married to muslim

hmmp :|  hi everyone .. can I get married here in Saudi even though wer not same nationality? coz im catholic and he is muslim and he is leaving here in Saudi ... pls maybe somebody know ..thank u so much

what you want to know
where are you from

Hi,
Yes you can, but if he is a Saudi (under 35) and you are not it will be difficult

GOOD LUCK SISTER , ALLAH bless you

Nothing's difficult. He has to go to Wazirah al Adl n submit a marriage request. Your guardian should be available alongwith witnesses. And that's it. The judge will conduct the marriage straightaway.

hello!!! yes he is now 52 and im still 26..but frst I wnt to know about how to convirt to islam and which place I need to go ..thnk u godbless

hi ...thnx for dis.. but frst I wnt to be muslim which place and what paper dey need from me?allah bless u  :)

shiarra20,

I'm sorry to sound critical, but have you ever met this man in person? Do you know anything at all about him? Do you know anything at all about life in the Middle-East and what that involves? Do you know whether or not this man is already married and if so, just how many wives he may already have? If he is talking marriage is he thinking of an Orfi marriage, where the woman has zero rights????

Sounds like you need to sit down and do a lot of research first, think things over with your head and not your heart and first and foremost have a good long talk with your parents regarding this whole idea. This man is old enough to be your father, what does your family think of this?

I think you need to carefully read the following link and take its warnings very seriously.

http://orfi-wives-egypt.blogspot.com.br … riage.html

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

@james u are guiding him better then any one keep it up

shiarra hi. Once u have decided then its ur choice don't follow others' advices. they can be right or wrong. but u only know all about it. so follow ur intuitions. may god help u and guide u.
Regarding the legalities, if ur a foreigner, then u can go to ur embassy or consulate and do the marriage from there. as a foreigner ur embassy is the first place u to approach for any of ur personal life effectives.. perhaps his diplomatic mission post might also give u a clear guideline about it. i will give u example y u should consult them first. many countries those don't have a bilateral agreement between each other. or a faulty relations. such as say india and pakistan, even though the govt of saudia could approve two citizens of india and pakistan to marry, but eventually either one of the country they shall go back. at that time it will be a very difficult. Thats y u consult ur embassy or consulate first then do the other legal actions. Don't shape up ur life based on others' advice.

I am a Chinese from Malaysia and he is a Palestinian staying in KSA. His dad forces him to engage with his cousin. We want each other, what should we do?

wendykam wrote:

I am a Chinese from Malaysia and he is a Palestinian staying in KSA. His dad forces him to engage with his cousin. We want each other, what should we do?

Assuming you can't bring his father around to your wants, you have to elope or give up on the idea.
That could well mean the end to family contact for him.

You dont need to convert to islam.just apply

I hope his father will change his mind and does not ruin their kinship.... I don't want to see him suffering of leaving his family or I. Even if he decides to stay somewhere else, he still needs to apply visa, passport, etc. with the assistance of his father (sponsor), am I right? :(

Marriage is making new relatives, so I would suggest, don't do it unless the families are in agreement.