Shopping on Amazon

Has anyone had small electrical kitchen items delivered to Malta from Amazon UK - any damage?

None at all. Also consider Play.com, no delivery charges to Malta.

We have used Amazon UK and I use Ebay.
Not had a problem with damaged goods but have had I non arrival (it was replaced free of charge ).

Terry

With small kitchen appliances I find that, unless they are high value items, the delivery cost makes it cheaper to buy locally which is also easier if things go wrong and requires putting right under warranty. It also does away with the risk of damage during delivery.

For instance we are looking at replacing a DeLongi coffee machine which costs 190 euros in Arcadia in Gozo. It is £140.00 on Amazon but you then add £17.00 p&p making it £157.00 or approximately 198 euros.

I have just bought 2 micro SD cards from Amazon which only weigh a few grams and would go in letter post but have still cost £6.00 postage.(Delivery 2 weeks!). The items only cost £14.00 with Amazon compared with 32 euros in Gozo so it is worthwhile.

Ray

Play.com is sometimes a better site with free postage. I use a combination of both.

F0xgl0ve wrote:

With small kitchen appliances I find that, unless they are high value items, the delivery cost makes it cheaper to buy locally which is also easier if things go wrong and requires putting right under warranty. It also does away with the risk of damage during delivery.

For instance we are looking at replacing a DeLongi coffee machine which costs 190 euros in Arcadia in Gozo. It is £140.00 on Amazon but you then add £17.00 p&p making it £157.00 or approximately 198 euros.

I have just bought 2 micro SD cards from Amazon which only weigh a few grams and would go in letter post but have still cost £6.00 postage.(Delivery 2 weeks!). The items only cost £14.00 with Amazon compared with 32 euros in Gozo so it is worthwhile.

Ray

what about sending the amazon to the malta send on service address get free uk delivery and just pay malta post the amount they charge to bring it over here

https://www.maltapost.com/sendon

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's a DeLonghi  kitchen item that I am looking for.  I have checked the Arcadia website but but don't see a store listed that appears to keep small electrical goods.Which store in Arcadia (to date have not been to the centre) did you see the Coffee machine?

rooikat wrote:

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's a DeLonghi  kitchen item that I am looking for.  I have checked the Arcadia website but but don't see a store listed that appears to keep small electrical goods.Which store in Arcadia (to date have not been to the centre) did you see the Coffee machine?

I live in Gozo, so it was the Arcadia store in Victoria which has a large houshold section with small appliances,kitchenware,TV's etc. Even Apple iCentre have a franchise there.

I have never been to their store in Malta so don't know what they stock.

Ray

robpw2 wrote:

what about sending the amazon to the malta send on service address get free uk delivery and just pay malta post the amount they charge to bring it over here

https://www.maltapost.com/sendon

Malta Post 'Send On' service is too expensive. At a weight of 5 kg a coffee machine would cost 31.00 euros. Twice as much as Amazon!.

Malta Post rates are:-
Up to  0.50 kg           € 6.00
Up to  1.00 kg           € 12.00
Up to  2.00 kg           € 19.00 and then + 4 euros per Kilo.

Ray

Thanks for detail regarding Malta Post rates - not worth it for a heavy item.I did realise you meant the Gozo store, we will 'ferry' across soon and se what they have on offer. As we are both over 60 we are allowed a free trip  :)

I purchased a laptop from them last year. Received in perfect condition, no problems. It was very well packaged.
:)

Thanks Iainandgabbi  ;)

I recently bought my ipad from www.conrad.com since price was much cheaper then amazon or play ... and they offered an additional 10% xmas-discount :-)

shipping 6,- resp. 9,- and delivery with DHL
even single items (like vacuum cleaner) are safely packed in an additional (neutral) box - same like amazon