Looking for a room to rent

Hello all!

How are you? I'm an international school teacher looking to rent a room in a place with good people. I just arrived to HCMC and looking for something as soon as possible. Any help will be appreciated! My phone number is 0122 5627442. Thanks!

Meet Jane < https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=434932 >!

Also try Craigs List VietNam (1) or Craigs List VietNam (2).

A few tips: Check out your new digs in the day time and the night time - to make sure no one is running a karaoke joint; say you want to pay DEPOSIT and RENT by bank transfer (you get the owners name and he can be traced if he skips on the deposit refund); ONLY PAY IN DONG - it's the law (they like Dollars but you end up getting screwed); ONLY pay electricity to EVN (it's the law) - landlords aren't allowed to resell electricity; if the LL has a 'move out' clause in the lease - make sure you do as well - on a room 30 days notice to leave is sufficient.

If he/she protests about bank transfer be careful - they might be up to something. Tell them you need it this way so you can get rent receipt and a refund from your employer. (Billsh*t baffles brains)

When you move in, and you are paying for the electricity, in the middle of the evening switch your main switch OFF - so you can see if anyone else is using your juice.

Cable TV is around VND100,000 per month PER HOUSING UNIT. If they are renting rooms they are NOT paying extra - so don't get ripped.

Not all the crooked LL live in the West!