Help in selling a house in Bangkok (not an advert!!)

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone from Thailand (particularly BKK) are on the forums and can get in touch with me about something. I am trying to get information on the selling of a house in Bangkok. I am not advertising the house here but merely looking for contacts to help me...people who know Thailand and the property market, or even people who might be interested in buying an expensive but very below market value priced house in BKK

Please PM me if you think you can help

Regards
Chris

[email protected]

i am in bkk

If it can be used or is suitable for commercial use (restaurant, bar, hostel, guesthouse, etc) we will take it on to sell, but we don't do straight residential housing.  66.asianbusinessbrokers.com

Hi Chris - it took me 3 years to sell my house which was not only in mint condition, super cool design, functional and for an extremely good price. I have had contact with many agents, individual and big ones. NONE of it worked. The agents (sorry guys) be it local or faring where worthless. Listed the wrong property, wrong price added a swimming pool, didn't knew the location - my list goes on. Of the 50+ agents and websites I been through only 2 agents came to see the house in advance, first one wanted money upfront, second one was EXCELLENT named Irene Hammer - try contact her on [email protected] - the only one I believed could sell our house.

She didn't sell our house though as we found our own buyer. We advertised in classified on BK Magazine - that was the best investment ever for marketing. Got calls every week and combined with a website, thats how we sold our house.

CB

Hi Claus

That's very good information. Thanks a lot. I am helping a friend and not sure what experience they have had so far. We can try Irene though and maybe the magazine.

Excellent...thanks

Chris

Hi there...not sure if my friend minds how it's used after they sell it but will the price be lower if sold for business?

The price doesn't change, but is it near other businesses?  Does it look like it would be suitable for a restaurant or a bar or a massage, etc???  Is it in a good 'business' location - close to other businesses, passing foot-traffic???

From what I understand its in a residential area. It's just a house in a street of houses. I understand your point...nothing to say that any house can't be used commercially but it fits better in a commercial district when it's being used for that purpose.

OK, sorry but doesn't look like we can help you.

[moderated: no free ads please]

Hi CC,

Thank you do much for sharing the info on how you sold your house.

We have a house in Pattaya and need to sell it.

Would you give me the name of the magazine that you got do much calls from your advertisement ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Anthony Goodrich

Hi CB,

I was not sure my previous reply got through so I sm re sending this one.

Would you be kind to let me know the BK magazine you listed your house for sale?

Thank you do much for your help.

Anthony goodtich
[email protected]

Hi Anthony

Not sure it will help for you as you are in Pattaya, but it was BK Magazine which is a free lifestyle magazine available at many cafe / restaurants in Bangkok. We advertised with a picture, short text and link to our website (think its still online actually bomancreative.com/house) and as there were not many houses for sales here we got exposed very well.

Best...

Claus

Hello all  :cheers:

For any adverts regarding search or sale / rent of accommodation, please drop latter in the Housing in Bangkok section of site.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Claus,

You have no idea how much I appreciate your post.  Thank you.

I have a property in Pattaya, very upscale in gated community, and have been trying to sell through agent for 1 year but no avail.  Your post gave me encouragement.

Would you be kind to share with me the name of the magazine where yo advertise your property which gave you such success as you mentioned on your post?  I would like to place an advert on the same magazine hoping to get as many calls as possible.

Thank you again for your help.
My email: [email protected]

Property in Thailand can take years to sell ( average 2 / 3 years ) depending on many parameters and the current political situation can pull out some investors.

Asking price need to be realistic, many properties in Thailand are overpriced, and even after years they still continue to increase the price !!

My advice will be to advertise on as many websites as you can in Thai and in English and even if you can in others langage ( chinese/russian/german ), try to use major website to sell luxury properties worldwide, it can worth the money to spend in premium advert on some of this website look into europe ( UK, Germany, etc ), also USA and china.

Put a video on Youtube, from my experience you can reach hundred of countries, try also all the others social media, etc....

I track daily properties statistic on over 50 websites, and soem perform better than others, but it is not always the same as some website will perform better for condo, others for land, other for properties less than 5M, others for luxury properties.

You can have lot of viewing like 6000 on internet but nobody call you to visit the property, you need to think about it, some can be interested but price or others details pull them out, some can just be curious.

For luxury properties it can worth also to have 3D floor plan like estate agent do in UK or others countries, as well as some aerial photos with a drone.

Again it does worth invest in marketing your property if you want the best return on investment, estate agent are not paid in front, they dont have sole agency contract, the motivation to sell can be low, and just put on their website and wait, like many others do.

After 3 months it worth to repost the advert like new and reword the content, and during the first 3 months, spend time daily to refresh your advert to be always on the top of the website.

Best of Luck