Clarity on visa requiements 2015 for a single person

Today I picked up my new driver's licence and they informed me the expiry date is the same as the expiry date on my visa. Today on the forum there is a great deal of discussion on Visa regulation changes that have seriously woken me up! I have blissfully been here several years renewing my Visa as required and now it appears that 3 month renewal is over. I am retired and have been living rather happily here travelling, volunteering and casualy teaching English. It appears the party is over. Does anyone have concrete information on the Visa process (or lack therof) for a retired (unemployed) unmarried foreigner as of 2015?

I do believe wrote:

Today I picked up my new driver's licence and they informed me the expiry date is the same as the expiry date on my visa. Today on the forum there is a great deal of discussion on Visa regulation changes that have seriously woken me up! I have blissfully been here several years renewing my Visa as required and now it appears that 3 month renewal is over. I am retired and have been living rather happily here travelling, volunteering and casualy teaching English. It appears the party is over. Does anyone have concrete information on the Visa process (or lack therof) for a retired (unemployed) unmarried foreigner as of 2015?

Wayne can't offer anything concrete. What I can say is with 20 new category's of visa's some where in the circular detailing every thing, when it comes out there should be some thing that the visa chasers can find loop holes in to fit your case. You've been here way long enough to know the deal. Remember back in 2009?

Rick

Thanks Rick for the positive thought. I've decided to wait for a month and see what happens to those who need a new visa in January. As you say, we are in Vietnam and the Vietnamese are very good at getting the job done regardless of bureaucratic myopia.

Once a shitload of people start to vacate due to their tightening of visas it will change again.

I extended my visum late december. They told me rules were changing, which I had read on a newspaper just before, so I was lucky to quickly extending my visa before the new rules. Apparently it isnt very clear yet, but it seems it will be impossible in future to extend your visum. so you always have to go outside the country.