Moving to Brussels from India

Hello, Thanks for your kind words. BTW, my name is Aneesh :)

So, commune visit. It is recommended to go within 7 days for the first visit. Nothing happens in the first visit other than securing an appointment for the actual registration. The actual registration is when you have to present your rental contract, etc. Yes, now there is an additional (contribution) fee you have to pay in the commune for registration.

http://be.brussels/about-the-region/the … the-region            -> Here you can find the info about your commune hall.

And good luck with registration in Schaerbeek :) you will certainly have fun :)

mchattha wrote:

Hi ,

A big thanks guys, specially to Anees ,  Staish and Anu for the input.
Anees You are really a big help on this forum , Much appreciate yours' contribution of information.

Today we got the visa together with my family on the third day after applying in the Embassy :) It was really the matter of completing the paperwork which is hectic and needs time.

May be you already know there is One change since March 1st, You have to first pay so called "Contribution Fee" in Belgium which is either 60-Euro 160 or 225 Euro depends on your's status. This fee is in addition to the fee of the Visa.

I'm informed that we should register to the commune in 7 days of arrival in Belgium? Can you kindly guide me, where i can find the commune to Schaarbeek (1030) and what documents I would need for registration.

thanks,

Hello, Thanks for your kind words. I am just sharing the info I have, and very happy it is benefiting others. BTW, my name is Aneesh :)

So, commune visit. It is recommended to go within 7 days for the first visit. Nothing happens in the first visit other than securing an appointment for the actual registration. The actual registration is when you have to present your rental contract, etc. Yes, now there is an additional (contribution) fee you have to pay in the commune for registration.

http://be.brussels/about-the-region/the … the-region            -> Here you can find the info about your commune hall.

And good luck with registration in Schaerbeek :) you will certainly have fun :)

oh sorry, My mistake Aneesh :(
The contribution fee already paid here in Embassy before applying for Visa , I hope I shall not have to pay it second time :(((

Aneesh, Can i ask you to please write me some link to find Kindergarten for my kid of 3 year old? Also would appreciate some guideline how it works in Belgium getting admission in Kindergarten , is it easy and straightforward to get admission?
thanks

mchattha wrote:

oh sorry, My mistake Aneesh :(
The contribution fee already paid here in Embassy before applying for Visa , I hope I shall not have to pay it second time :(((

Aneesh, Can i ask you to please write me some link to find Kindergarten for my kid of 3 year old? Also would appreciate some guideline how it works in Belgium getting admission in Kindergarten , is it easy and straightforward to get admission?
thanks

Schooling in big topic on itself. If you search in Belgian and Brussels forum, you will find a lot of threads discussing schooling.

Hi, I am from Bangladesh and currently living in Japan. Even though I am not from India, if possible can you please give some information regarding visa in Belgium?
-Can we proceed our Belgium visa from Japan?
-My wife is hopefully going to do her PhD in Belgium with scholarship if God wills. Can she apply visa application along my visa (as spouse) together?

I know you have already discussion that it is better to apply together. But as she as PhD student can apply spouse visa together?  and we are from Bangladesh, do you have any suggestion pls?

realku2004 wrote:

Hi, I am from Bangladesh and currently living in Japan. Even though I am not from India, if possible can you please give some information regarding visa in Belgium?
-Can we proceed our Belgium visa from Japan?
-My wife is hopefully going to do her PhD in Belgium with scholarship if God wills. Can she apply visa application along my visa (as spouse) together?

I know you have already discussion that it is better to apply together. But as she as PhD student can apply spouse visa together?  and we are from Bangladesh, do you have any suggestion pls?

- Can we proceed our Belgium visa from Japan?  -> If you are a resident there, yes you can apply from there.
- My wife is hopefully going to do her PhD in Belgium with scholarship if God wills. Can she apply visa application along my visa (as spouse) together?    --> If you are offered a job and if she is accompanying you, she can apply as your dependent together with your visa application.

- But as she as PhD student can apply spouse visa together?  -> Do consult with the helpdesk of her university.

hello,

do you remember the cost of moving your staff and the name of the company?

did you face any issues when your staff arrived? customs? taxation?....

i will move soon and i want to bring some local items like olive oil, cheese,...etc is there any limitation or problems that i should expect?

thanks in advance

Hi All,
I got the WP and Long D visa recently and planning to come to Belgium by 1st week of August.
1.) If anyone moved recently, can you please let me know the documents to be carried along with upon arriving Brussels ? (am travelling alone and planning to apply for Dependent visa after {blocked content} months).
{blocked content}.) I read the forum and as per the content: I need to visit the local commune within 8 days for registration. So, can I rent a BBF for {blocked content} months and produce the contract (in my name) as a means of accommodation at the commune and pass that on to my wife as proof of accommodation for applying dependent visa  ?

Please advise, thank you.