Cheep places to live in Malta, long let

When do you think is best to rent in Malta, the cheapest and where there is work

All the best.

Alfie ,

Also can I rent somewhere at 17 ? ? ?

I have spoken to frank salt and they inform me that you have to be 18 to rent a property - You could get someone to lease(parent, guardian etc) it for you until your old enough to take the contract .

It may be that creating a contract with someone under the age of 18 is deemed too much of a risk as maltese law allows those 14-18 to create contracts but they are also free to leave at any point .

You may find an owner who is willing to let to you on the basis you will be 18 within a month (you may find the owner doesnt ask you your age at all )

When I rented from Frank Salt they requested passport,so they will see your age.But I cant imagine if you rent direct from owner via classifieds etc they will be too bothered.

Thank you rob, so my best option would to come in June, but then it may be hard to find work, catch 22 lol

Thank you,

All the best,

Thanks Alfie.

it's up to you it may be worth coming out in April book hotel or short term let , for 14 night or longer  have a return flight booked for the last day ,  and you can look for work and a house and if you can't rent you have a return home and you won't lose anything and if you can then your sorted  but it's all down to your finances etc

Hi do you have an email address for him ?

Thanks

Matt found work in July so there are jobs around all year and people come try jobs and leave for various reasons so you should still be able to find work just it will be busier and a lot more people here doing the same

The only thing is I have the money to come in April but if I come and get a job how would I get a flat or apartment if im not 18, if I come in June when Im 18 do you steel think I have a chance in getting job.

you could either book a short term rental for the two month period , book it before you leave .... for example you could stay at the blue sea hotel for a month for about 400 for the month so two months and then you have two months to find a home ,
you could rent a room of someone for two months , or you might find that a private landlord asks no questions .. (ours didnt other than do you want it long let ?) ]

or you wait til you 18 save a bit more money and come out with less hassle .. i am not going to tell you what to do though because you need to make that choice for yourself

Thankl you Rob, that helps me a lot,  I might just come 10th May thats 4 weeks before my Birthday rent somewhere for a mouth and find work then get a long let,
Can I get a room for 4 weeks in the Blue sea hotel ? ?

yes i looked just and they have a serviced appartment from the 10th may to 10th june for 16 pound a night
http://www.hotels4u.com/hotelinfo.aspx? … rrency=GBP

if you book through hotels4u  theres an extra 5% off with H4UDEC05