Wha do you think?

Yesterday I received some pictures of stores where they are completely sold out,  people are buying lots of groceries, one million gas bottles were sold yesterday, huge queues in supermarkets and bakeries .
People are behaving if they have to look for shelter for at least two months.

What you think? They are right or is it a over reaction?

As we hear from weather reports that meddle east force a huge storm these days. It is deferent, when we talk about the level of the power of the storm. For example European have no problem to deal with these kinds of storms but Jordanian or the resident of the Middle east, don't know it in the real meaning, that means it rarely to snow in Amman, maybe one or tow times per a year for a couple of days. So, the people here are also influenced by media.. I have heard the news today, the have reported and advised every one should stay at home and should not go out, they portrayed the people it is like a war!

So, I think the people in Jordan have right to behave like this, when we look for reasons and underground, but in the same side it is Hyperbole.

I think its up to everyone how much and what one buys!

Such weather is definitely not new to people here since as far as I know every year there is such a situation. In the capital its heavier since higher, last year up to 1.5m of snow. If there is no snow, then definitely rain. There were fludds too and one hour of rain was enough to make cars swim!  I was lucky to get transport from a store, otherwise I would have had to swim too as all streets with all the holes where filled with water. Maybe media is telling people to stay at home since we all know the driving habbits without any influence! So one can imagine what they would cause when the weather is like this. Since the cities are made of hills, footways and stairs look like waterfalls, maybe the reason why schools close during such weather conditions. Even before the Iraq war had started just from hearing the news,  people in Europe were behaving just the same..