New in Noumea wish to meet english speaking people here

Hi all,

My name is Einar and i am from Iceland.  I am new in Numéa, New caledonia, i just arrived in december, 2014.  I am a certificated mason, and have been working in the building industry for over 13 years now. And i hope will be working with that in caledonia also  :D   I speak english, swedes and Icelanding, but my france is very poor.  But i have started in a france course.    I would love to meet other english speaking people in Numéa, caledonia.  Would be great to get to gether over a beer one evenings ?  :)

If someone is up to a coffee or a beer in the week, just send me a message.

Einar Þór

Hello Einar

So as to increase your chances to meet people in Noumea, I invite you to participate on threads in our forum section  Networking in Noumea

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks Kenjee, i will do that :)

Hi Einar,

I lived and worked in Noumea many years ago and I found "The Noumea Club of English Conversation" (they have a Facebook page under that name), to be very useful for meeting people.

You should also try some of the bars along the Baie des Citrons beach on a Friday and Saturday evening as there are quite a few Australians who drink there.  They work in the Nickel mines during the week.

There is also a nice bar down by the Port/ Marina next to the fresh fish and produce market.

Good luck and enjoy NC.

Kind regards,

Sebastian