Question about Visa's

Hi Everyone,

My Wife has applied for a teaching job in Bahrain. She has been told that the school cannot offer me a sponsorship (they could if i was a teacher and my wife was coming with me)

So my question is this, what type of visa would i need to be able to live in Bahrain with my wife? I would plan on keeping my current job as i work remotely and travel to clients. So no actual work would be conducted with any Bahrain companies / people etc.

Many thanks.

Assuming you are British judging by your profile, you get 3 months visa when you enter Bahrain, which can be extended for further 3 months while you are in Bahrain. So every 6 months, you will have to pay 40 BD (for 6 months visa, 20 x 2) + a flight ticket to do a visa run. So instead of being sponsored by your wife, you can live in Bahrain on a visitor's visa.

I am not sure if wives can sponsor husbands in Bahrain or elsewhere in the Middle East. I will leave this for someone else to answer.

Wives aren't supposed to be able to sponsor their husbands from what I've heard, but it is possible if you know the right people. A colleague of mine brought her husband over. It took several months before he was able to come to Bahrain.

According to Bahrain Labour Law it is not possible.

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/faq/question/37#.VK0lgCuUeuk