Where to buy apt. items?

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Taipei in a few days. I have a job setup waiting for me when I arrive. But when I move into my place I don't know where to go for kitchen supplies, furniture, or items needed when one moves into a new place. What are some stores that would be the Taiwanese equivalent of a Wal-mart or large shopping center where I could go to cheaply purchase these items?

Thanks,
Brian

I'm in Hsinchu, on the west coast..Don't worry, if you can buy it in New York you can buy it in Taipei & probably cheaper.

Brian,

There is an area in Taipei that sells second-hand furniture.  Quality is varies widely, but you can get some decent stuff there.

Put these coordinates into google and you should be able to find the area.

Thank you a lot. I'll check that out.

You might want to check out B&Q, HOLA, or ikea.

For furnitures, you can also go to Nan Chung Street (南昌街)

For kitchen supplies, you can also get it from Working house, Shenglive (勝立) (shenglive.myweb.hinet.net/)

Hope this helps

There is an Ikea...2 of them in Taipei.  They have everything you need.

Hey! Stumbled upon your post and funnily enough, I just wrote a post on where to buy home goods items! WorkingHouse is a great place to buy almost anything to furnish a new home, although I think good ol' IKEA is best for furniture still. Here's my blog post that gives details and location (I see that someone has already mentioned WorkingHouse as well!), and feel free to ask me any questions: http://gooddaytaipei.wordpress.com/2013 … ternative/

My general blog on Taipei life (I cover food, design, travel, etc) is [b]Good Day, Taipei[/b]--hopefully you can use it as a resource! Welcome to Taipei!