ENGLISH DOCTORS IN SHENZHEN

Hi, I'm Shiron & I would like to know of a good Doctor who speaks English as I need to take my wife for some medic , Please advise a good hospital or a clinic which has fluent English speaking doctors

Hi, I'm Shiron & I would like to know of a good Doctor who speaks English as I need to take my wife for some medic , Please advise a good hospital or a clinic which has fluent English speaking doctors

Good luck finding English speaking doctors anywhere in China.  I was recently hospitalized in Chongqing for the removal of kidney stones.  Well, I should have gone back to my home country where health care is free.  However, I was suffering a lot of pain so decided to do it here.  Bad experience, painful, they don't use pain killers, they don't feed you, the nurses are young inexperienced and naive.  They wake you up in the middle of the night to give you a sleeping pill.  They also try to talk you into procedures that have nothing to do with your problem.  My bill was over 50,000 rmb for the worst hospital experience I have ever been through.  I signed more forms to let doctors off the hook in case I didn't make it through the operation.  When they put me under before the operation, I'm not sure if they did it correctly, I seemed to be awake throughout the entire ordeal.  .  So my advice.....don't enter...go home...most of the time i felt I was on a different planet...Laurence.

Hi shiron, I am an American Chinese obgyn practising in Chengdu Angel's Hospital for Women and Children. This is a privately run hospital and is JCI certified but  is a bit far from Shenzhen. I understand your predicament. There are English speaking doctors working at Global or Parkway clinic serving foreign visitors in large cities in China, i.e. Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and possiblly Guangzhou...I don't know about Shenzhen. You can call me or email me  (15828008838, [email protected]) if you are in a bind and needed a quick answer....
Sorry about axemenbasketball having a bad experience at Chongqing.....this is not typical.

Yangwb,  MD FRCS(C) FACOG

Doctor: Im afraid this IS typical, its not the first time its happened.  What bothers me, is the exorbitant prices these doctors charge, and there seems to be no set pattern.  One hospital in Qijiang kept me for 3 days and my wife had to feed me, and basically take care of my needs.  The hospital was dirty, people are allowed to smoke inside and spit wherever they want to.  I was placed in a room with four other people and with all the visitors all hours of the night, I got little sleep.  then the Hospital said they could not do the operation (which was quite routine) and sent me off to Chongqing.  The hospital in Qijiang, charged me over 10,000rmb, the Chongqing Hospital charged me over 50,000rmb.  Once I returned to Qijiang, one doctor told me he could have done the same operation for 10,000.  So Doctor, you need to get your facts straight...Laurence J. MacDonald PhD

hello, shiron,

im looking forward to move to shenzhen from sri lanka, , could you offer me some help,

Doctor, thank you for your concern.......I have a question for you....Is it the policy in Chinese hospitals not to allow pain management?  Following my operation, I was in pain and asked several times for some sort of pain meds....but kept getting told they don't do that here...

The local doctors are very reluctant to give narcotics....only the anesthetists can give narcotics....codeine, morphine, demerol are rarely given like the way we do in north America.....they do give NSAID....advil, ibuprofen etc,   you can also get iv acetomenophen which can work pretty well.....in my hospital I give tramadol....

Go to the Hong Kong University Hospital in Shenzhen. The hospital itself is in Futian. You need to phone and book an appointment (if the person answering doesn't speak English they will call you back on the number your called) You need to specify which department you want to see and give them all your details on the phone (passport number, phone number etc) They will tell you dates and timeslots which are available for you to chose from. When you go for your appointment, go to the outpatients building, as you walk in on the left there are windows, present your passport and pay 101RMB, and then go find the department you've made the appointment with. The receipt will have a number on it, in the waiting room of the department you're booked in to see there is a screen which will display your number when it's your turn. I've been a few times now and they always give me an English speaking doctor. The diagnosis and treatment has been correct every time too. If you need meds they will give you a receipt, you need to pay for it on the second floor, you'll see a cashier there. Once you have done that go back down to the entrance and look left, you'll see the dispensary. Hand in your receipt there and wait for your meds to be dispensed. The admin and most people working there have little to no English, but they do assign you an English doctor (in my experience) and in general try really hard to help you. If you are a walk in patient, on the right hand side of the entrance is a few counters and a machine where you can take a queuing number. Obviously people who have made appointments get priority over you. Lovely, clean, modern and friendly hospital. There's also an international section next door to the outpatients section, but I'm sure the prices there will be far more. Call them on 86913399 to book an appointment. Here's their info from Shenzhenparty, including address in Chinese to show the taxi driver. You can get there via the metro, the stop is one after OTC in the direction of Luohu, but you will have to walk 10 minutes to get there and around to the outpatients section. It's basically opposite OTC harbour. Good luck :)
Chinese and Pinyin Name:  香港大学深圳医院(深圳市滨海医院)
Place Address (English/Pinyin):  The University of Hong Kong - Shenzhen Hospital, 1, Haiyuan 1st Road,Futian District,Shenzhen
广东深圳市福田区深圳市福田区海园一路 (白石路与侨城东路交汇)香港大学深圳医院
Website:  The University of Hong Kong - Shenzhen Hospital's Website
Place Phone:  +86 (755) 86913399/0755-86913333
Email:  [email protected]

I do appreciate all the information, but that's in Shenzhen which is a 2 and a half hour plane ride away.  Is there anything in the Chongqing area?  I know there is in Chengdu, however, that is also a 3 hour train ride.

Oh, sorry the original post of this thread asks about English doctors in Shenzhen. Scroll down to Chongqing. I don't know how accurate this list is, so phone and find out or try go there. In future just try google "English doctors in ..." or "healthcare for foreigners in ..." Good luck!

http://www.china.org.cn/english/health/185370.htm#3

Hi

There's a special department in Peking University Shenzhen Hospital. There are doctors speaking English also translators.

Good luck

YES, Hong Kong University Hospital (Shenzhen) is a good option!