Will work in Fiyoree Health Center Thulhaadhoo - How is life there?

hi all,
i got an offer from Ministry of Health working as a Medical Officer and have to work fiyoree Health Centre,Thulhaadhoo
Could anyone pl help me to answer these qts......
is this right place for female doctor with one 2yrs baby?
is internet available there?
what about food cost?
is there any airport this island?
how far does it take to go Male from there?

tx

if you are alone then ok,  it will be impossible to manage work with 2 years baby if no body with you to care of him.

Thanks  for  ur  Reply, My Husband Initially  With Me , Later  My Mom Join with me. But 8 would like to know more like Internet, electricity,food and local people's attitude  towards outsider
Anyone  Pl answer
Tx

Hello!
yes, you will need someone to take care of the baby, alone it will be difficult.

From what I know, there is no airport on this island, but one airport 25min away by boat (google Thulhaadhoo island Maldives, it'll give you an idea...)

Life on a local island is very quiet.
If you treat Maldivian people respectfully, then everything wil be ok. If you treat them obnoxiously because you have an education for exemple, then your life will be difficult (and I know a few doctors that did this mistake, it's why I'm saying this...)
They are very pround people and can be shy at first...
Very generous when you get to know them! of course, like evrywhere, there are some good and some bad peopel :-)

It's a beautiful, quiet place.
From what I know also, this island is famous for its artisanal lacquer work (wood.) Very pretty :-)

Hope you will enjoy!

see usually there is no airport on the island u live. airports are on other islands n from there u have to take speed boat t get to ur island. electricity is not an issue i guess in maldives. internet is 3g almost everywhere n it worls fine. check the atoll on google to which ur island belongs n then see is airport is present in that island.. place is safe Alhamdulillah.. no worries. ppl respect drs.. am working here as well for some yime now.. plus not necessary that ministry will send u this particular island.. alot many times place of work gets changed from ur offer letter..

Dear Sir,
thank u for ur comment but i am still thinking whether i go there or not!
yes i found  there is a Airport but we have to take  speed boat from my island Rathafandhoo.

very confused !!!!!
tx

i should appreciate for ur time to answer my queries.
as i lived in Europe  and my mind is always thinking that types  facilities which are available there.
however, my contract is only for 1 yr and salary is not that good  1600-1700 USD / month.
still i dont know the living cost on that Island Rathafandhoo!

pl anyone can answer this .......
tx all.

Hello again...
I'm getting confused too with your replies... Are you looking to go to Thulhaadhoo island (Baa atoll) or Rathafandhoo island (Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll)?
One is in the north, the other in the south of the Maldives... not exactly the same thing... thus, not the same plane time + boat/speedboat, not the same distance from Male... Pretty difficult then to give you accurate answers...

From what I know, as a doctor, some things should be included in your package (e.g, appartment and / or food allowance...)
Are you looking to support a family of 4 (your kid, your husband, your mother and yourself) with one salary? even in a country like the Maldives, it might be difficult with US$1600/1700...
Have you though about the visas for them? One doesn't come to stay for a long time only on a tourist visa in the Maldives...

Don't compare Maldives to Europe, you will be disapointing in term of facilities...
Food cost can be high, depending on what products you will be looking for.
Bare in mind however that a lots if goods have to be imported, land (and thus agriculture) is limited in a country like the Maldives, and it can be difficult to grow things on a coral island as the ground in not rich (and the islands is the Maldives are all coral islands.)

Internet is widely available in the Maldives.

Best if luck, don't hesitate to ask some questions to your potential future employer.

Hi, My husband is offered a medical officer post in GA, Kondey Island in Gaafu Alifu atoll. His basic salary is 17000MVR and 1800 food allowance and house allowance 2500MVR. I want your feedback on this. Is it a good idea to move to such an isolated island with a family. I myself is a software engineer. Will I be able to find any opportunity there ones we land?
We dont have any socializing problem but what worries me is my kid is 3 yrs old, will I be able to find any school there. Also the accommodation which worries me.
Please someone help.
Thanks

See its not necessary that u ll be posted to the place of work mentioned on ur offer letter.. Saving can be till 1300 dollars n even more..
Getting a boat from the airport to island is not an issue.. Having an airport in ur atoll is a blessing..

I am here in gaaf alif working as a doctor.. Kondey has a dr for now.. May be ur husb ll posted somewhere else as ministry changes the place of ur posting often..