Presentation of expat blog members in Cape Town

Hello and welcome on Expat.com!

We invite the new members in Cape Town and surroundings to present themselves in this discussion :)

Are you living here since some time or did you just arrive?

What brought you to Cape Town? What passionates you, do you have hobbies?

Thanks for your presentation and see you soon on expat-blog!

Hi everyone!
I work in the Hospitality industry and it has always been my dream to work in other countries. I was born and bred in Mauritius and have wanted to discover other cultures and people. I have been in Cape Town for about 2 years now and truly enjoy this city.
The things I like most is the relaxed lifestyle and the arty culture, everything is pretty and the individuality of every shop and coffee shops are expressed vividly. I love that no two places are the same and there are many quaint coffee shops and eateries at every corner. I enjoy the landscape and the beaches, the sun and the mild winter. I love the Capetonians as they are very warm and friendly once you get to join in their parties/ lives.
What I find difficult though is the loneliness that sometimes comes unannounced. I miss my old friends whom I have known for years and also sometimes I do get homesick.
Having said that, all in all, it is the attitude that matters first and foremost and with a positive and laidback attitude, I know I can adapt and learn to be happy even if I miss huge family dinners!